KRC4 as profinet device

• Our robot is KRC4 KSS 8.5.6.
    It is a Profinet device of a Siemens plc that is Profinet controller.
    So the Siemens Plc handles the 'auto external' signals of the robot and also the safety over Profisafe.
    Now the robot should communicate with another Siemens plc over Profinet.
    I don't know if the robot can also be a Profinet device of another plc?
    Or does the robot then have to be controller of that second plc (that then will be Profinet device)?
    For both cases I don't have seen examples before :
    - KRC4 as Profinet device to a second Profinet controller

- KRC4 as Profinet device of one plc, and as controller of a second plc.

What is possible or advisable here.
    The communication to the second plc is off course non failsafe.
    Are there examples, manuals, posts available about these two options?

Thanks

• Robot only can be device for one controller.. unless you use Ethernet/IP instead of ProfiNet.

With Ethernet/IP it is possible to have same robot controller to be a slave to several masters.

The other option, if your ProfiNet software is an M/S version, you can have robot act as Master for all the additional connections, while remaining to be a slave to that one PLC...

and finally, you can have existing master pass through additional data going to/from master#2

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• EthernetIP will be no option, the Siemens controllers to communicate with are all on Profinet.
    On the first plc (that is doing now the standard communication : ext start, etc) we cannot change anything because we have no acces to it (source code, passwords, etc).
    Remaining solution is making the second plc profinet device of the Kuka.
    In that case, if f.i. that second plc is powered down, will the Kuka controller be able to run its programs as if the plc node was powered and ok? Of course we will not receive any data from the second plc, but I mean does a failed profinet device node of the Kuka prevent the Kuka let the robot run its normal motions or will the robot interpreter be haldted?

Advertising from our partners