Kr150 krc2 gm can't finish booting.

• hey,

I bought a kr150 with krc2 controller GM pre Esc version with Fe207 and FE208 boards.

Now my problem is that the machine is stuck at the loading screen as seen in the attachment. Two of the ksd1-32 and the kps600 are blinking red and green led.

IkaY17B

I switched the ksd1-32 into different orders and same thing the red light were still on the same drivers.

On fe207 and fe208 the 8k3 relay has a red led as well.

Can anybody tell me how to prooceed in troubleshooting the issue?

• I know this is an old posting but I'm interested in purchasing a Kuka KR150 with GM KRC2 controller for personal usage. I was wondering if you were able to get your problems solved and actually bring the robot online?

What is your impression of the GM KRC2 controller, has it made thing allot more difficult for working with your KR150?

Does the added safety feature of the GM KRC2 version give you allot more safety over the normal KRC2?

These are detailed option offered on the Kuka I'm looking at:

KRC2 GM Hybrid
    KUKA Smartpad Control Pendant
    X11 Safety Circuit

I hope you will respond because I don't want to bother with this controller if it can't be updated for a reasonable amount of money or if the GM and X11 makes it unbearable to work with.

• KRC2 GM Hybrid
    KUKA Smartpad Control Pendant
    X11 Safety Circuit

KRC2s didn't have SmartPad, that only came out with the KRC4 series. The KRC2 uses the KUKA Control Panel (KCP) teach pendant.

Also, the GM KRC2s that I'm aware of didn't use X11, they replaced it with a GM-only connector called CC1 that had almost identical wiring and did the same functions. I can't speak to all GM KRC2s, however.

If this is how the robot is advertised, I have to question if the seller really knows what they have. Or if they're trying to sell a grab-bag of random KUKA bits and pretending it's a complete system.

I never personally saw any safety improvements with the GM version over the basic version, but back then GM really seemed to love adding extra safety relays to everything.

• last time i saw GM variant it was with KRC1. and safety there as well as some of KRC2 lack redundancy. as this became a requirement, many KRC2 got retrofit to include second contactor etc.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I just saw this post. But no I haven't been able to resolve the issues on my robots yet. All the people that I've consulted with that do have extensive experience told me I should try and find a generic one, instead of client-specific variants. Due to the fact that I also have HD / OS issues, the only way to resolve the issue would be going back to Kuka and seek assistance...only God knows how much that would end up being.

Advertising from our partners