Main CPU LEDS and ALARMS

• kwakisaki

Approved the thread.
  • You replaced the cpu-board and it did not work ?

Looks like a pretty fundamental problem....

Do you have another RJ-2 robot ?

If so, connect the battery to the cpu-board, power down and take it out.

Do the same with the other robot.

I am not sure if it is nessesary, but I always disconnect the robot from the controller in witch I am going to test.

Try to start up with the cpu-board, and when you get the same error, the problem is very likely the cpu-board or one of its raiser-cards.

• If I understood properly you'd dismounted all components from the main CPU board and then placed it into another main CPU board, right? After replacing the main CPU board you've probably lost system software and this could be the problem with it.

We also suspect this. How can we install software?

• On which module do you have this "6" - servoamplifier?

If yes, then voltage supplied to the control circuit (+5 V) is too low.

Then manual says:

1. Check the phase voltage of the three phase input power (200 VAC in European version robot) to the servo amplifier. If it is 170VAC or lower, check the line voltage.

2. Replace the servo amplifier.

But mind that it doesn't always tell the truth - you have to serach... :thinking_face:

What type of robot is it?

• Some more information on this robot would really help. Specifically what software version was it running?

Also, did you pull the memory from the main board? If you did, it will be wiped without reloading software.

Do you have backups?

• R-J and R-J2 many electrical issues caused by bad teach pendant cables that are fused in R-J3 and newer controllers.

On R-J2 your FROM is still separate from the SRAM, so you've likely still got your robot library on the FROM.

If you can get the root cause resolved you can get into BOOTMON and restore your SRAM from a backup.

Advertising from our partners