VKRC1 to "expert" user group ?

• Hi.

"New robot" ( model y.1999/2002) arrived. How to make VKRC1 to go Expert ? I checked in Regedit that KeyFile20 search from A / KeyFiles/Key_2.txt but when booted it is still in operator mode and does not let us to change to Expert. I know that A-drive works and key file is there. We also tried USB to Floppy emulator also but same result. System search from Floppy ( we see the led on A-drive) when Kuka software starts after windows.

I think we can keep it VKRC1 ( not to change to KRC1) but we need to be able to input new programm files into R1 easily. Software is V3.3.3 SP10 HF04.

• My first VKRC is 4 so I am not completely sure about the old KeyFiles contents. You can only switch to Expert when the "ExternalUserList" configuration file in the KeyFiles is not modified and the file not renamed. They should also be in the first accessible level in the disk. ../ KeyFiles/Key_2.txt does not contain the configuration information. Does your KeyFile contain any ExternalUserList? Did you obtain the right files from the previous owner?

I am not sure what you meant by changing VKRC1 to KRC1 because they are different controllers.

• Hi.

"New robot" ( model y.1999/2002) arrived. How to make VKRC1 to go Expert ? I checked in Regedit that KeyFile20 search from A / KeyFiles/Key_2.txt but when booted it is still in operator mode and does not let us to change to Expert. I know that A-drive works and key file is there. We also tried USB to Floppy emulator also but same result. System search from Floppy ( we see the led on A-drive) when Kuka software starts after windows.

I think we can keep it VKRC1 ( not to change to KRC1) but we need to be able to input new programm files into R1 easily. Software is V3.3.3 SP10 HF04.

To enable Expert mode on VKRC, you need a cd containing a folder called keyfiles.

And keyfiles must be read from cd-drive (D:), not from floppy, unless you remap your floppy to D:

Anyway, if I recall correctly, this version of VKRC has UG15, and intermediary user level, where You have some limited functionality, ans this user level is enabled by password. Normally vwtech.

• My first VKRC is 4 so I am not completely sure about the old KeyFiles contents. You can only switch to Expert when the "ExternalUserList" configuration file in the KeyFiles is not modified and the file not renamed. They should also be in the first accessible level in the disk. ../ KeyFiles/Key_2.txt does not contain the configuration information. Does your KeyFile contain any ExternalUserList? Did you obtain the right files from the previous owner?

I am not sure what you meant by changing VKRC1 to KRC1 because they are different controllers.

The content of keyfiles is basically the same, but it growed through time.

VKRC1 needs only one file. VKRC2 needs two. VKRC2 ed05 needs three. VKRC4 needs four (sometimes, five).

But if you pick the contents of a VKRC4 keyfiles, write it into a cd and read on a VKRC1 controller, it is supposed to work.

• Hi.

I have remap the path using regedit and it is now a:\KeyFiles\key_2.txt . It used to be d:\KeyFiles\key_2.txt . Folder is in first accessible level in Floppy disk. On Kcp I can see the error message: "Key file not found".

• Hello,

I am working with (V) KRC1 . the USB-Disketten Emulator (designed for kuka) is not working.

I dont have any idea about the Floppy. Can someone suggest me what to look for in order to make this floppy work?

Thanks.

Advertising from our partners