KR10 with Custom DKP - cannot couple correctly

• Hello Forum,

i tried a lot - but i am not able to get a custom DKP integrated into the KRC...

The System is:

KR C4

KR10R1420

KSS: 8.5.8 HF1

The setup is as follows:

The Robot is on a custom Linear Track with KUKA Motors. I got this part correct as i think.

Then there is a custom made DKP with KUKA Motors too. The Hardware of the DKP is running and i am able to move both axis. What

i cannot get running is the mathematical coupling of the DKP.

Of course, i read the manuals and searched but it doesn't work. I am definitely doing something wrong - but i don't know what..

This is the first time for me that i am using a not KUKA Positioner.

What did i do?

1. made a custom 2 axis Positioner - check

2. make sure that both axis are running - check

3. i placed the root point of the DKP on the floor and set the values for the shift from floor to axis 1 and axis 2 etc.

4. set in the "cell config" that robot has to follow the DKP

5. teached the Base in the center of the DKP

6. tried to run the root point calibration of the DKP... This part is not working. When i only turn Axis 2 (turn) i can calibrate and the robot correctly follows the turntable but the tilt is not working correctly. When i turn and tilt during calibration i cannot calibrate due to big deviations (200mm+)..

I hope that someone here can give me a hint.

Thank You

edith: as is can only upload one attachment, i uploaded the layout. All other Images are on a google drive folder. I attached the drawing of the DKP, the Machine Data Configuration, Cell Configuration...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AzahRTWiPoAmDJmx8amO7Cy2raQ7zjNj/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I3zwF5Iw5_rBF79QXNHm5wyUq1cN7AkN/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NZO-NS45rQg7yalGNgmvK2Zhi5zAoC2w/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bFx2yQP8WU_LTQaAX0jRGMqsb-bg7ndQ/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jjrLXlN_jzAeb102X494RBb6EbQvGpS8/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1upLN1taphTRoi5UcWgr0nLgQ_Y7fA5Du/view?usp=sharing

• kwakisaki

Approved the thread.
  • One common issue with custom positioners is that people forget to specify pin value in last kinematic transform in mada ...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi,

sorry - old links did not work...

I tested the following ones..

DKP Drawing

Cell Config

MADA 1

MADA 2

machine.dat

INT $EX_AX_NUM=3 ;ANZAHL EXTERNER ACHSEN (0-6)

INT $EX_AX_ASYNC='B0000' ;EXTERNE ACHSEN ASYNCHRON

INT $ASYNC_T1_FAST='B0000' ;GESCHW.-RED. DEAKTIVIERT ( T1 )

DECL EX_KIN $EX_KIN={ET1 #EASYS,ET2 #ERSYS,ET3 #NONE,ET4 #NONE,ET5 #NONE,ET6 #NONE} ;EXTERNE KINEMATIKEN #NONE,#EASYS,#EBSYS,#ECSYS,#EDSYS,#EESYS,#EFSYS,#ERSYS

DECL ET_AX $ET1_AX={TR_A1 #E1,TR_A2 #E2,TR_A3 #NONE} ;EXTERNE ACHSEN #NONE, #E1, #E2, #E3, #E4, #E5, #E6

CHAR $ET1_NAME[20] ;NAME DER TRANSFORMATION ET1 MAXIMAL 20 ZEICHEN

$ET1_NAME[]="Custom DKP"

FRAME $ET1_TA1KR={X 0.0,Y 0.0,Z 1000.00,A 0.0,B 0.0,C 90.0000} ;FRAME ZWISCHEN A1 UND FUSSPUNKT DER KIN IN TRAFO ET1

FRAME $ET1_TA2A1={X 0.0,Y 157.000,Z 0.0,A 0.0,B 0.0,C -90.0000} ;ZWISCHEN A2 UND A1

FRAME $ET1_TA3A2={X 0.0,Y 0.0,Z 0.0,A 0.0,B 0.0,C 0.0} ;ZWISCHEN A3 UND A2

FRAME $ET1_TFLA3={X 0.0,Y 0.0,Z 0.0,A 0.0,B 0.0,C 0.0} ;ZWISCHEN FL UND A3

FRAME $ET1_TPINFL={X -63.3400,Y -486.130,Z 230.000,A 0.0,B 0.0,C 0.0} ;ZWISCHEN MESSPUNKT UND FL

DECL ET_AX $ET2_AX={TR_A1 #E3,TR_A2 #NONE,TR_A3 #NONE} ;EXTERNE ACHSEN #NONE, #E1, #E2, #E3, #E4, #E5, #E6

CHAR $ET2_NAME[20] ;NAME DER TRANSFORMATION ET2 MAX. 20 ZEICHEN

$ET2_NAME[]="Linear Unit"

FRAME $ET2_TA1KR={X 0.0,Y 0.0,Z 800.000,A 0.0,B 0.0,C -90.0000} ;FRAME ZWISCHEN A1 UND FUSSPUNKT DER KIN IN TRAFO ET2

FRAME $ET2_TA2A1={X 0.0,Y 0.0,Z 0.0,A 0.0,B 0.0,C 0.0} ;ZWISCHEN A2 UND A1

FRAME $ET2_TA3A2={X 0.0,Y 0.0,Z 0.0,A 0.0,B 0.0,C 0.0} ;ZWISCHEN A3 UND A2

FRAME $ET2_TFLA3={X 0.0,Y 0.0,Z 0.0,A 0.183100,B 0.128500,C 89.9853} ;ZWISCHEN FL UND A3

FRAME $ET2_TPINFL={X 0.0,Y 0.0,Z 0.0,A 0.0,B 0.0,C 0.0} ;ZWISCHEN MESSPUNKT UND FL

DECL ET_AX $ET3_AX={TR_A1 #NONE,TR_A2 #NONE,TR_A3 #NONE} ;EXTERNE ACHSEN #NONE, #E1, #E2, #E3, #E4, #E5, #E6

CHAR $ET3_NAME[20] ;NAME DER TRANSFORMATION ET3 MAX. 20 ZEICHEN

Thank You for your help...

Please don't think that i don't appreciate your feedback and help - i do!. I am at UTC+8 , so my feedback the next couple of hours is limited due to sleeping .

I added new links to the screenshots. i entered the PIN data as i read it from the robot when i moved from center of the face plate to the pin.

• please attach screenshots on this server, do not link them to google drive etc. that should only be the last resort as external links trigger alarm bells and your post gets quarantined.

since this creates more work for me, i may let it slide once or so but will happily delete such content if repeated. (moderators deserve some fun :icon_twisted: :pfeif:)

new users have to live with some other restrictions such as number of attachments they can share. but if i recall this is only per post. should not prevent you to click on add reply and add another attachment.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• This is the the MADA from WV Part 1

As you can see from the machine.dat - this is filled with the latest calibration data - the Z-Value is way to high!?!

• This is an overview of the Cell (manual drawing...)

The DKP faceplate is unfortunately slanted in relation to the Linear rail (and the robot coord)

• any suggestions? Help is highly appreciated..

In the meantime i tested the following:

- i removed the 800mm z-Offset on the Linear unit

- i changed the PIN (+) Position to be on the flange of the DKP directly instead of a PIN.

- i changed the ZERO Position of the turntable (E1) to be perpendicular with the linear rail.

- I changed the Transformation Values of the DKP to:

1 $ET1_TA1KR={X 0.0,Y 0.0,Z 204.0,A 90.0,B 90.0,C 0.0} the DKP is on adjustment screws and the robot root starts physically at 800mm. 1004mm for the Axis 1 of the DKP --> 204mm
    2 $ET1_TA2A1={X -157.0,Y 0.0,Z 0.0,A -90.0,B -90.0,C 0.0} 157mm for the shift from A1 to A2

5 $ET1_TPINFL={X 490.0,Y 0.0,Z 0.0,A 0.0,B 0.0,C 0.0}; i made an "X" at this location

When i do the calibration of the root point of the DKP and only move the turntable (E2) the robot follows the turntable correctly but it does not follow the tilt (E1) correctly. the TCP of the Tool goes UP and DOWN based on the tilt of the DKP but the TCP is deviating in a "curved" path from the desired Point...

When i try to tilt and turn during Calibration i get a deviation way more than allowed...

As the KUKA subsidiary in my country is not an option and requests will not be forwarded to HQ i am lost at this point...

Tks

• don't have time to check but transform does not look right... for example 157mm should be on Z axis... check kinematics manual.

3) read 1 and 2

• Originally i had it in Z...

But i tried so many things and even the manual transforms in -X after rotation around B...

Even though the KUKA kinematic of the DKP shows a different transformation than the manual.

• convention is that transforms advance from one to another always along Z axis....

assuming root point is one of anchor bolts:

Z is vertical like in World, lets assume that X is pointing away from us, and Y is pointing to the left...

so first we move up from floor level to center of E1,

but E1 rotation axis is horizontal so we have to rotate 90deg about X in this case to get aligned with this E1 axis. this makes Z horizontal (clockwise if looking in direction of axis so in this case Z is now pointing to the right),

then move along this new horizontal Z (along E1 axis) until you reach center of the table and E2. but E2 axis of rotation is vertical... so to get aligned with it, rotate -90deg about X, this makes Z vertical again.

then move 157mm along this new vertical Z axis until you reach flange....

if E1 or E2 are rotating in different direction, sign of those 90deg changes will be different.

3) read 1 and 2

• Ok - tks

I’ll take a look at your explanation tmr morning on-site.

I used the simplified model from the manual - I placed the root point not in the bolts rather than in the junction E1 / E2. Maybe this only works with KUKA kinematic? I’ll try tmr...

Advertising from our partners