Fanuc Delta programming VS normal 6axis robot.

• Hi,

We are planning for a project with Fanuc delta robot.

I like to know?

1. Is the programming delta robot is same as normal 6axis robot or ...?

2. What are points I need to take care in programming when compared to normal 6axis robot?

Thanks in advance.

• I have both in the shop

1) You mean, the software commands ? It's the same.

2) I (sorry Fanuc) do no like how the 6 axis delta moves the last 3 axis. We are four guys on our shop that do robots and we had the same experiences. The arm (the TCP) does not move like you expect. It's hard to explain. You are going to find that to make soem move the axis wil avoid crashing into themselves and therefore they describe a curve

Retired but still helping

• I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would comment. I have the same problem coming up. I'm very familiar with FANUC 6-axis programming, and cannot find any decent info on the differences in programming a Genkotsu (Delta) M-2iA/6HL robot that we just purchased. I'm assuming I'll be relatively OK at it since it's FANUC and they do a pretty good job with guides built into a lot of the software, but would like more info. Does X, Y, Z act the same? Do the various move types, offsets, etc work the same way?

We're planning to use the Genkotsu to vision inspect container caps as they come in a conveyor to look for defects, and pick off the "good" ones to another conveyor.

If anybody has any good info, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Advertising from our partners