C3 Easy Control (Remote Program Manager and SVG Converter)

• C3 Easy Control

Greetings everyone.

I want to introduce you to a new client program for the C3 Bridge Interface.

This is a simple application for uploading and downloading, selecting, starting, stopping, and canceling KRL programs on the KUKA robot control system.

main.png

Features

• Direct convert SVG images to KRL programs
    • Upload/Download KRL programs to/from KUKA Robot System
    • Select and Run/Pause/Stop and Cancel KRL programs remotely
    • Cancel the current KRL program and return to the XHOME position (press and hold the button)

System Requirements

• Windows XP SP3 or later
    • C3 Bridge Interface Server 1.1 running on KUKA Robot System (the latest version included in the C3 Easy Control archive)

SVG Converter Example

svg.png

result.jpg

Download Links

Binary (Windows XP or later): https://github.com/ulsu-tech/c…C3.Easy.Control.1.0.2.zip

Conclusion

I need a little help from the community to improve the converter algorithm. It would be perfect if advanced users could suggest the best way to draw Bézier curves and ellipses using SPLINE motions. And, as usual, any feedback would be appreciated.

• Hi Dmitry

It's nice to change program files so easily... :smiling_face:

But an extra feature that I would find really useful, is ability to upload files to different folders. For example I frequently need to upload config files for my RSI program. These are in the folder Roboter\config\user\common\sensorinterface. At present I have to do it the slow way via USB.

Thanks Gerald

• Hello.

I know, but C3 Easy Control was meant to be a very simple application for downloading programs. A fully featured file manager should be implemented in C3 Control Panel, but I can't even guess when it will happen.

• I'll support that - even pay for it if it helps. :smiling_face:

I have found problems with sharing files using Windows networking,. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But your app just connected easily with little fuss...

• It should be possible to push those files over the network, as long as the directory is network-writable (a potential security risk). At least in early KSS 8.3, I was able to do it. The RSI and EKI files get read from the hard drive every time the KRL program starts the RSI or EKI process, so that made it much easier to edit&test quickly in RSI and EKI.

• Mmmm. "Should" is the word. I set up some shared folders on the robot, and I was able to access them from an older computer, but not on my current one. It may be because the new PC has Win10 home, which I'm informed has some network limitations.

Whereas C3 connects easily on both PC's...

• new PC has Win10 home, which I'm informed has some network limitations.

Well, the answer there is easy - switch to Linux. :uglyhammer2:

Jokes aside, though, even with Win10Home, it should be possible to set up SMB/CIFS sharing -- that's so basic, even Home should support it. And C3 is probably using the same underlying network resources.

I would try using the Windows command line and the NET USE command to try mapping the robot's shared directories to drive letters on your PC. Even if it fails, the command line will usually give more detailed errors that might help narrow down the root cause.

• Mmmm. "Should" is the word. I set up some shared folders on the robot, and I was able to access them from an older computer, but not on my current one. It may be because the new PC has Win10 home, which I'm informed has some network limitations.

Whereas C3 connects easily on both PC's...

Because occasionally i need to work with KRC1 or some KRC2 on Win95, the last time i was still able to get access to shared folders on Win95 from my WIN10 laptop...

• Win10 has changed a few things of late. For instance you use a pin number to log on and the OS does not have workgroups. I read somewhere that might change things for networks. So far I have searched the internet and tried all kinds of things to no avail. I can access another older Win7 machine, but not the Kuka KRC4. If anyone else is using the same WIndows10 version and has successfully connected to the Kuka network using Windows sharing - then it would be nice to know what the procedure is...

It must be this version, using a pin number log on - otherwise it's apples and oranges...

• Win10 has changed a few things of late. For instance you use a pin number to log on and the OS does not have workgroups. I read somewhere that might change things for networks. So far I have searched the internet and tried all kinds of things to no avail. I can access another older Win7 machine, but not the Kuka KRC4. If anyone else is using the same WIndows10 version and has successfully connected to the Kuka network using Windows sharing - then it would be nice to know what the procedure is...

It must be this version, using a pin number log on - otherwise it's apples and oranges...

What about using UltraVNC or TightVNC, just open port 5900 in KSS, there you have file transfer function... It will work on all windows, for WIN95 just install older versions...

• Hi Dmitry, very nice piece of software, thank you for sharing!
    Do you think it is possible to fill up the gap between the SVG lines? May be with different patterns?
    Cant wait to try it live :winking_face:

Keep it coming!

Advertising from our partners