Screw welding possible with a robot?

• Hi folks.

I've been assigned this task and I have no clue on where to start. I don't even know if this is possible.

I'd like to have your opinion on screw welding. Either a brand new or a used one. Do you think / know if it's possible?

If yes do you guys have any exemple to give me please? I know google is my friend but he is not too friendly to me right now tbh. I can't find anything.

• Hi folks.

I've been assigned this task and I have no clue on where to start. I don't even know if this is possible.

I'd like to have your opinion on screw welding. Either a brand new or a used one. Do you think / know if it's possible?

If yes do you guys have any exemple to give me please? I know google is my friend but he is not too friendly to me right now tbh. I can't find anything.

possible, can be done. saw sample made with manual torch. Also included with robot. but need double head torch. The robot program will be much simpler and is rotated centrally by adding a turntable.

Think before you talk, Read it before you think about it.

Fran Lebowitz.

• so this is just an arc welding on the spiral path (welding screw conveyor). the screw "thread" is usually made of plate segments covering 180 - 360 deg (actually, little bit less since shaped to spiral). if segments are full discs ("360") then they need need be added from one end of the shaft. but for stability both sides of shaft are held meaning that new segments cannot be added after clamping. if segments are half-discs ("180"), they can be added at any time - even if shaft ends are clamped. then as soon as one segment is welded, shaft can rotate and new thread segment (half-disc) can be added and process can be repeated. using 180 is more welding but this is easier to automate.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners