KR 125/3 with,KRC2

• I have recently purchased a KR125/3 robot 2002 year that has not ran for years, it has no KPC2 and the 2x12v batteries are missing.

Are there any KPC2 units for sale out there, what version would I require? and what troubles would I likely be in for when I power up this robot?

• I have recently purchased a KR125/3 robot 2002 year that has not ran for years, it has no KPC2 and the 2x12v batteries are missing.

Are there any KPC2 units for sale out there, what version would I require? and what troubles would I likely be in for when I power up this robot?

it may be time for maintenance. Belts may need to be changed. oils may need to be changed. Cards may not be as efficient as they should be. you may have a cold soldering problem. Solder connection points become worn out, card paths become impermeable. The hard drive inside gives an error reading. If you buy it cheap, it will not be a problem for you. Are you sure it's controller krc2? There was also the KR 125 series krc1. Can you upload a picture of the robot controller?

Think before you talk, Read it before you think about it.

Fran Lebowitz.

I would need a KPC to find that is that correct?

Not necessarly. You can attach a monitor to the vga interface. I do not remember for sure but I think a attached KCP was not necessary to start the controller.

• two different things:

KPC = Kuka PC. it is required to get any response from the controller, this IS the brain of the controller. cannot do anything without it...

KCP = Kuka Control Panel (teach pendant). not necessary for boot but required for commissioning. there is a special hardware option allowing operation without teach pendant connected. i suppose same can be accomplished by using external monitor and some tinkering with safety circuit. if the goal is to just power up controller without KCP to see if things are ok, using external monitor will work. but this need to be enabled. details on depend on version... older units needed to run different driver. later ones needed to set something in registry (normally one would right click on desktop, go to display properties, and congire video output to both KCP and external monitor)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• hydra, attached the id sticker

MOM, the controller is a KRC2, KSS version? I would need a KPC to find that is that correct?

Thank you for the reply's.

It could be 4.1.7 or 5.4.14. data can also be high version. but you need a KCP.

Think before you talk, Read it before you think about it.

Fran Lebowitz.

• Thank you for your replies,

I have found a KCP with the VW symbol printed on it and a

a part number of, VKCP KR C2 00-133-981 Sn Nr.:0001

would it be suitable for my machine?

FIRTH

Advertising from our partners