Kawasaki RS007L, F Controller - Built in pneumatic valve

• Hey

I got a Kawasaki RS007L Robot with a F series controller. I can see that it has a built in (double) solenoid valve for the pneumatic (see pic.), but I cannot figure out how to activate it. It seems to be connect to the internal X106 signal cable and according to the Optional Harness manual it should be connect to signal 9 and 10 on the controller, but nothing happens when I set these signals high :loudly_crying_face: (or any of the other signals for that matter).

I'm I doing something wrong, or do I need some extra equipment to use these?

- Nile

• nile

Changed the title of the thread from “Kawasaki RS007L, F Controller - Built in pneumatic value” to “Kawasaki RS007L, F Controller - Built in pneumatic valve”.
  • Not 100% sure, but I think if you have this supplied with the Arm ID board and extended IO, then these hardware lines are disabled.

Check Aux 0610 for Input/Output Signals in Robot Arm.

- This is the usual Aux function for the dedicated wired arm output valves and input/sensors and these would need enabling to use them.

• As far as I can see, the Aux 0610 is not used for the RS007L (only RS03).

I checked, and I do not seem to have the ARM ID option or Extended IO.

According to the manual, I should be able to address the valve in two ways:

1: If ARM ID option is installed, through this.

2: By dedicated signals if ARM ID is not present. (but they don't seem to appear in there).

So it is possible that I just do not have access to these (stupid when the valve is actually installed). For now, I will have to use an external valve instead (and external piping...)

• As far as I can see, the Aux 0610 is not used for the RS007L (only RS03).

If that is not the case, trace the cables from the valve assembly - where do they go, do they even exist?

This should at least give you an idea of whether you can use them or not.

If Aux 0607 is present then 1TK and 1XY (IMHO) will be installed at least and they will be mounted under the lowest cover on the side of JT2.

Aux 0607 would then need to be configured.

Then it would just be a case of electrically interfacing them to X106/X107/X108

But if you're saying you have the valves, but the harnesses are loose/not attached to anything, then the Robot was purchased without stipulating an Arm IO option......which is an oversight for sure.l

• The Operating manual for the F series controller states:

Aux. 0610 Input/Output Signals in Robot Arm

Only for RS03 robot, this function specifies whether to enable user sensor input and built-in valve output functions. For more details, refer to “Internal I/O Signal for RS03” in the “External I/OManual”, a separate volume.For robots other than RS03 robot, set to [Disable].

I traced the cables and they are connected to the 1XY board, however Aux 0607 (Signal setting of ARM ID board) does not exist, and when I try to use the AS commands it says the option is not installed.

• Understood..........

I traced the cables and they are connected to the 1XY board, however Aux 0607 (Signal setting of ARM ID board) does not exist, and when I try to use the AS commands it says the option is not installed.

So what about the 1TK board (Arm ID), this is mounted on top of 1XY, is this there?

• Thanks for your input.

Yes it does seem a little strange, however given that we have technically only borrowed the robot from our distributor for a project at my university I think I will just let it be, as we will have to return it at some point.

This could also be why the option is not activated, as we just received it on a pallet and it has not been installed as part of a finished product / cell.

The main project it is used for, does also not need the valve, it was just for a small side project and small demo, so I don't think I will use more energy and time on this matter, given the main project does not need it.

• Well it's upto you...It won't do any harm and is reversible.

If you take a backup before you do it, then do it and use it.

Before you ship it back, just reload the complete backup back on and it will restore it back to the 'before' state.

Advertising from our partners