Hexapod walking robot for milling operation with SSC32U servo controller Lynxmotion, how to create my own GUI?

• Hi guys,

My final year project consists of a Hexapod robot that does machining. I am using a ssc32u servo controller to control my 18 servos (3 servos per leg, coxa tibia femur) to make the robot move. The problem now is that i am not used to this controller. Usually I use arduino or raspberry pi that have their own softwares where I can weite the codes and send the commands to the controller via usb serial com. I have tried the SSC32 Servo sequencer utility, but this software is very limited as it is quasi impossible to have an algorithm with it (is it?). So I have been suggested to develop my own GUI (I have never done this before). I would like to know if any of you has any suggestion to solve my issue?

• i would start by defining exact functionality needed, investigate how does it compare to existing products.

i guess your goal is to compute sets of motions of each joint using some code rather than tedious manual adjustment of bunch of values for each motion.

SSC32 is available with different type of serial communication (RS232, USB or BT) so your GUI will need to be able to communicate using one of those. GUI itself is rather straight forward and any programming language should easily handle. communication could be hard specially if bandwidth is limited or if you need to implement some fancy protocol.

i have used different platforms (Java, Visual studio, etc) but there is tons of alternatives. creating GUI in some of them can be a bit more complex (adding events etc may not be done automatically) so if you did not select something, maybe consider some RAD

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners