KUKA Axle clearance measurement

• It is called backlash. Services that can be done by user are listed in the robot manual.others require specialized tools or training

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello Panic Mode, thank you very much for your response;

Can you explain how to do a backlash on the KRC2 robot? There is a way to see it via software like on the KRC4 with “check mastering”?

Check mastering is the same thing as the backlash?

Or can you send me and exemple of a document that has that explanation?

Edited once, last by legityme: More information about my doubt ().

• no.... mastering tells to robot where to start measuring axis position... normally this is done when no load is acting on the axis so that joints, gearbox etc. are not compressed.

check mastering... is like mastering but it tells you how existing measurement compares with last mastering. optionally you can save change to overwrite the measurement with new result.

backlash tells how much axis can move. in case of KUKA, this is measured when predetermined force or torque is applied. this way backlash measurement is larger as it includes both free backlash and change due to compression. ideally one wants this to be as small as possible.

here is explanation on a CNC

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners