DCS tool change

• Good morning all,

I am using a tool changer with two tools with different DCS configurations. I would like to know how to deactivate the DCS when I put down my tools and how to activate a DCS when I take a tool?

Thank you for your help !

• Hi

I did a tool change 6 years ago and this is what I remember. You need a PLC to work with the different DCS I/O

Lets say you have tool A and tool B locations. You have tool A on the robot and yo want to get tool B

Create a tool A DCS zone, a tool B DCS zone AND a tool 0 DCS zone that overlaps A and B

Go to Zone A, detach tool (de activate DCS A) and activate your DCS 0

Move over Zone B and do similar procedure (inverse)

Retired but still helping

• If you're using safety over Ethernet, you map an Robot output as a tool change request or tool ID and an robot input bit for each safe tool in the DCS configuration. Then in the Safety PLC you can toggle between each tool based on the tool ID or gripper state if there is one tool with multiple grippers. Only one can be on at a time. You should be able to see the Safe tool change state on the TP in the live view window.

• TickTack

I agree but if I recall correctly when you switch zones, for one split zone you are in a no zone and that was killing us. That's why we use the big overlapping zone. yo have this conditions:

running,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, A

approach,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, A and 0

release tool ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, which is true because you have zero tool

Move up and sideways to approach the other tool just,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 0

approach,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, B and 0

move away and run,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, B

Retired but still helping

Advertising from our partners