syst-014 and MEMO-073 while running PNS programs

• I am running 5 PNS programs on a LRMate200iC with R30iA controller. The PNS programs are run remotely by a PLC via UOP signals.

Programs PNS0001 - PNS0004 run through the PLC UOP signals. But when I try to run PNS0005 through the PLC UOP signals I get SYST-014 failed to run task and MEMO-073 program does not exsist. PNS0005 is a roboguide generated program downloaded to TP via ethernet.

Checked the UOP signals. I get a PNS0005 input ON by the PLC.

Checked the select menu. The program is there.

Tried calling PNS0005 in PNS0001. PNS0001 runs till the call instruction and I get the SYST-014 and MEMO-073 error again.

Changed PNS0005's name and tried calling through PNS0001 but gives me the same error.

Changed PNS0005 number to 6, 7 and 8 and tried calling through those PNS UOP's. But still fails to execute with the same error.

Tried a cold start. Still gives the same error when I try to run through the PLC.

The program runs on Teach mode and through the controller panel cycle start button. But not through the PLC.

Any idea what is the problem? I am a student and don't have much experience with robots.

• I tried changing the name of PNS0005 to PNS0001. It ran through the PLC UOP. Any programs after PNS0004 don't run through the PLC UOP even though the UOP inputs have 8 PNS/RSR/STYLE inputs.

I want to sequence PNS0005 after PNS0001 through the PLC.

I have .ls files for PNS0001 and PNS0005 attached. Both programs are working.

• Wait a minute. You are aware that the PNS inputs are binary. So to run PNS0005 you would have both the 1st and 3rd Input on.

In the PLC you should create a SINT tag and then copy those bits into the 8 Pns inputs.

• Yes, you should be turning on PNS1 and PNS3 to select PNS0005. Or if you want to test quickly, make a program called PNS0016 and try to run that by turning on only PNS bit 5.

• Yes, it is a SINT, but it is in the middle of a larger structure. So what I would do is create a SINT tag and move the actual integer value you want into it. Then just XIC each bit of the SINT to turn on the corresponding PNS input.

Then it it does the bit conversion for you and you never have to think about it again.

Advertising from our partners