Axis Reversed

• Out of the blue?

Were any files reloaded?

New robot, old robot?

Assuming since you said an axis that you are jogging in joint.

Does this seem to be job specific?

There are robots were certain axes are opposite.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I am using the cartesian coordinates. it is not job specific it is with all the jobs. I have used this robot in the past been at least a year tho and it was I thought anyway that when I press for say the Z axis + the robot would go up but instead it currently goes down. Older robot been here for about 10 years used everyday. No files have been changed that I'm aware of.

• Not an axis then. Which Cartesian coordinate system are you jogging in?

Rect/Cyl, Z + should go up if the robot is floor mounted, not wall or ceiling.

Tool, Z+ should go into the workpiece but is based on how the tool was defined.

User is also based on how defined.

There are other coordinate systems. Not knowing what generation or application, I’ll leave it here based on what comes standard.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• This is a pick and place type robot before when I have had to modify a job it was always Z+ as up. it is floor mounted. just the standard cartesian coordinates not user coordinate or anything.

Advertising from our partners