using SYSVAR.SV to quickly configure payloads

• Hello, i'm working in a production environment where we install FANUC robots to machine tools that we produce, i'm looking into ways to make the initial setup easier.

Currently we have a package of programs and system files that is in a git repo and is copied to the robot via FTP. Some of the setup is then completed via running a program to turn some variables on and enter all the payload information.

I want to include the payload information in SYSVARS.SV and just copy this across to each robot, i think this would work okay based on reading the manual but there are a lot of variables in the file, is there anything specific to a particular robot in SYSVARS that would be problematic if copied to another same model robot?

• I would be hesitant to do so. I do much the same thing as you describe (repo, ftp, setup program) for quick setup and payload is always manual unfortunately.

My guess is that it would be ok if the robots are identical in model, controller, software version, and options.

As always, take an image backup first before you try.

• You could do a .cm file. You would have to run it from the pendant though.

Code
    SETVAR $PLST_GRP1[1].$PAYLOAD 1.5
    !Payload CoG in cm. ;
    SETVAR $PLST_GRP1[1].$PAYLOAD_X 1
    SETVAR $PLST_GRP1[1].$PAYLOAD_Y 2.3
    SETVAR $PLST_GRP1[1].$PAYLOAD_Z 7
    !Payload inertia in kgfcm^2. Times by 980 here to get 1 on the payload screen.;
    SETVAR $PLST_GRP1[1].$PAYLOAD_IX 980
    SETVAR $PLST_GRP1[1].$PAYLOAD_IY 980
    SETVAR $PLST_GRP1[1].$PAYLOAD_IZ 980

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Advertising from our partners