Fanuc Robot Serial Number issue

• Hello all.

working on a R30iA controller, R2000iB 150U robot

I have a bit of an issue with our robot, we bought it used, I did get the core software with it. We reregistered it with fanuc and added a few options, so recently we wanted to add another option and they asked for the summary.dg file as they usually do, so we sent it, they responded by saying the serial number is blank. So I check it out and sure enough it says Controller ID : F00000. OK so I check previous versions of this file that we had sent them the first time we added options and it was also blank.
    so the only thing I can think that may have messed this up is I did reinstall the core software at one point to fix an issue I was having, was I supposed to enter the F number somewhere when doing this maybe? Will this be an issue with fanuc? we are still waiting for a reply from them.

any insight is appreciated. thanks.

• you should have the F number on your manipulator and in your controller. Fanuc did not ask you that ?

Sometimes, I dont remember exactly when, maybe controlled start, after the boot up shows F00000 and you can change it.

Retired but still helping

Advertising from our partners