Mismatch between parameters and cubic-s

• We was having a deviation error on J7 for the servo gun, they open the gun manually and load a backup and after that, that error appears

Why would you load a backup for this?

That's what has introduced the error.

Controller and Cubic S need to be matched, therefore these need to be synchronized again.

You should have a procedure for this already.

What is the Controller?

Have you not got the Cubic S Manual?

Have you not got Maintenance Manuals for this already prepared (I assume this is Toyota Controller).

• So what is the version of Cubic S installed?

If you cannot access the label on the side of the Cubic S unit, go to Aux Function 0804.

On page 2 or 3, will display CPUA and CPUB information - This is the version number.

• I have many questions I know, but without any sort of Cubic S knowledge/training I need to make sure I have correct information.

So looks like version 3 - So you are not Toyota, correct?

Do you have yellow button on front of controller?

Do you have USB B connection directly below yellow button?

Do you have Aux 082101 Access called - Writing Parameter to Cubic S?

Do you have CS Configurator Software?

Do you know how to use it?

• Not Toyota

-yes

-yes

-no

-yes

-yes

• OK.

Hmmm.......

Can you:

- Post your backup (that you loaded) and let me review data?

- You will have to change file extension to .txt in order to attach to post.

- You can send to me via conversation link (if you need to keep private).

• Do you know below statements:

- System Switches.

- QTOOL ON and Aux 0304 for BLOCK Tool TCP setting.

- QTOOL OFF and using TOOL command to set Tool TCP setting.

If so, are you using either:

- QTOOL ON and Aux 0304 for Tool TCP setting.

- QTOOL OFF and TOOL command to set Tool TCP setting.

• Below statements:

-yes

-not sure

-not sure

• Ok, I see from backup, this is QTOOL ON and Tool data is set in Aux 0304 for Tool1.

At this point, I do not know if Cubic S data is the same, but the error is saying it is not the same.

So I think you need to in the following order:

- Connect USB B port below yellow button to PC using A to B cable.

- Open CS Configurator application.

- Make sure version is set to 3.

- Read Cubic S Parameters.

- Read Robot Parameters.

- Read Tool Data.

- Write Parameters to Cubic S (This will then update Cubic S with Controller Settings to match).

- When this is complete Controller should display error saying something like parameters rewritten.

- Power Cycle Controller.

This will make Cubic S same as Controller and should remove error.

But I cannot guarantee the actual tool data in use is correct, you will need to check this.

• I am in UK, and it is late for me now, so I cannot offer assistance further now.

If this does not work, I think you need to contact KRI direct for procedure of recovery as they have had direct involvement in this system and should be able to offer guidance for correct recovery procedure.

They will more than likely have original Cubic S file save which could be restored too.

I would be interested to hear of outcome, but will not see until tomorrow.

Good luck.............:top:

• sounds like you simply need to write to cubic s if you are confident that the backup is good, this will update the cubic s with the encoder data and other info from the backup

Use CS Config to confirm settings and data. You also may need to re zero then write again.

By the way I never recommend loafing a complete backup unless the controller was initialized. Even then make sure it's a backup from the same robot. Don't take one from a different controller unless absolutely necessary.

• It worked !, thanks

Now i need to zeroing the gun, any tips first time zeroing the gun

• Good to hear that has worked.

Can you make another backup again and send it me to review again?

What concerns me is the backup you used, is a backup that was made prior to Cubic S changes being written to it.

So the Cubic S data even though Controller and Cubic S is now 'synchronized', may not contain the correct Cubic S data that was originally in it.

I still think you should contact KRI and see if they have a final Cubic S file save so you can compare it at some point.

The zeroing of the gun should still be valid.

All zeroing data, upper and lower limits, resolution, calibration values should be the same as what was in the backup.

So just by reconnecting the gun again should be all that is required:

- Press the Clamp1 R1 Button to display gun options.

- Set Gun Status 1.

- Clamp1 R1 button should now display Clamp1 W1.

- Place Controller in Run, Turn on Motor Power, press and hold deadmans in.

- Whilst deadmans is pressed.

- Press and hold A button and press Clamp1 W1 button once.

- W1 icon will flash and servo gun will open to full limit and then close slightly.

- Gun should now be connected.

If you then look at axis monitor for JT7, then close the gun (not manually jog, but gun close.

JT7 should be displaying very close to 0.00

Advertising from our partners