Pad Weld on circle

• Hi Guys,

i need some help,

trying to weld multiple linear lines on a circle plate. I've butchered other codes to try make this work, as I'm still a beginner.

i dont know how to reduce the x axis as it gets further out towards the edge of the radius.

well over 800 weld passes are required. this is just the first pass of multiple layers.

please help :frowning_face:

• ok so i have found the math that I need, but I don't know how to incorporate that into the code.

Code
    1st pass lenght = √(784*784 − 15*15)
    2nd pass lenght = √(784*784 − 30*30)
    2nd pass lenght = √(784*784 − 60*60)
    2nd pass lenght = √(784*784 − 90*90)
    2nd pass lenght = √(784*784 − 120*120)
    and so on and so on 52 times. 
  • That's quite a substantial circular plate......

Why not start out by learning some fundamental syntax of AS programming before 'butchering someone else's code'.

This way you can learn how to 'build the wall' instead of just finishing off the final layer.

The math you have creates a distance.

Therefore to start out, why not just create a location that inserts that distance into an X or Y element of the transformation location.

Such as:

;

POINT p1 = start+TRANS(SQRT(784*784-15*15))

POINT p1shft = start+TRANS((SQRT(784*784-15*15)-SQRT(784*784-30*30))/2,-15)

POINT p2 = p1shft+TRANS(SQRT(784*784-30*30))

POINT p2shft = start+TRANS((SQRT(784*784-15*15)-SQRT(784*784-60*60))/2,-30)

POINT p3 = p2shft+TRANS(SQRT(784*784-60*60))

;

LMOVE start

LMOVE p1

LDEPART 10

LAPPRO p1shft,10

LMOVE p1shft

LMOVE p2

LDEPART 10

LAPPRO p2shft,10

LMOVE p2shft

LMOVE p3

LDEPART 10

;

** Note the above uses TRANS and does not include any Z elements or Arc Weld Commands**

This would be the easiest method for a beginner.

Then you could build on this and possibly wrap it all into a FOR END loop.

• Thank you kwakisaki

i will try that this afternoon, so no real way to get the 104 weld lines reduced to a few lines.

i will make new programs to each layer so it doesn't clutter everything up.

or can i use a go to loop 1 shift(0,0,5) each time incromentally?

I don't get a lot of seat time with the robot in this company, trying to get my company to pay for some kawasaki training.

10+ months between touching anything, so i forget a lot of tricks and have to try relearn again.

you did help me with this job last year of drilling. although facebook doesn't let me connect to this website any more so i had to make another account.

thank you for your help over the past year.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tozlvuwp3505r04/IMG_0446.MOV?dl=0

• so no real way to get the 104 weld lines reduced to a few lines.

Of course there is.....but it always takes some thinking about.

That's why learning of the AS Language is paramount in order to start programming efficiently.

What's the issue with creating separate weld lines?

If you have a look at most CAD to PATH processes, then this is exactly how it is done and at a price too.

In today's day:

- People want to get on a train and get off the train at the destination, without experiencing the journey.

- If you don't experience the journey, you'll never know what route was used to get there.

Advertising from our partners