Kuka vkrc1 keyfiles - loading floppy

• Hello,

I have a problem with loading floppy. I bought a robot KUKA krc1 and when I try to switch to expert mode I get an error that it can t load keyfiles.

My keyfiles are on a floppy disk.. Floppy disk is working so does anyone have any idea what the problem might be, or maybe I don t know where to look.

I have also krc2 and on krc2 and when I switch to expert mode I can see the keyfiles when I put Floppy disk with keyfile. Problem with krc1 is that I can t switch to expert mode before I load the key files.

I have another question, what after loading keyfiles, do I need to move these keyfiles to some particular folder after I load them or?

p.s. Sorry for my bad english.

Code
  • so you confirmed on another controller that floppy disc is readable....

sounds like floppy disc drive is not functional on your KRC1

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• If I recall correctly, VKRC1 an VKRC2 (old one) read keyfiles only from CD, not from floppy.

And keyfiles must be placed on a folder called keyfiles, and this folder must be on the root of the CD.

• I checked it, floppy disk is functional.

I checked it, floppy disk is functional.

this is confusing, you do not seem to differentiate between floppy disc (media) and floppy drive

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Usually machine data is stored on D: drive. If not contact your seller. If not contact KUKA. Maybe they are willing to help.

For the interbus error (a bus you probably do not have). Open iosys.ini and comment out the interbus activation line in there.

Fubini

• The first difference is in the counter balance system. What type of counter balance system (the big ton mounted a top axis 2) have?

CBS = "Counter Balance System"

TJ and ZF are different gearboxes. Teijin or ZF. Who is your gear manufacturer?

Fubini

• Here are the key files that I put on the floppy disk in folder keyfiles. I also tried to put in the root but I have the same problem. My cd-room is not working and I cant load a cd, I tried already. Hoping for your help, thank you.

I've didn't touched a VKRC1 in a long time, but Keyfiles location is hardcoded on VSS. They must be read from CD drive, or at least from D: drive.

Try to get another CD drive.

Or you can try to remap your floppy drive to D:.

• I have another question about KUKA VKRC1 robot. My task is, when robot will start I need to set the robot to automatically start running the work program at max desired speed. If anyone has a similar experience or idea how to do this I would ask for help.

Best regards to all

• VKR controllers normally doesn't get raw KRL in user programas very well, but as far I remember, VKRC1 leave KRL commands inside programs intact. Newer versions normally wipe these instructions when You close the program, unless You use some special tricks, or make your changes through VW_User.

So the easier way would You open your program with OPEN button (and not Select), create some blank lines after "Warte auf Folgenstart" or "UP Anfang" (depending on the type of program You will use), and write something like $OV_PRO = 100

Please note that this will put robot on 100% speed when the pointer reach this command, but if someone change its speed from VKCP, I won't recovery the initial value.

So if You need more advanced features or recovery options, You will need to make a more robust logic or play with VW_User.

Advertising from our partners