DX200 Alarm 1649 - Mode Signal Error

• Hello everyone,

I am getting ALARM 1649 - MODE SIGNAL ERROR from DX200 Controller.

Here are the actions that I took;

Replaced Teach Pendant

Replaced Teach Pendant Cable

Replaced X81 cable(from teach pendant connector to CN218 on YSF22 board)

Replaced YSF22 board.

After replacing the safety boards, I did Functional Safety Reset and Machine Safety Reset in maintenance mode.

Does anyone has any idea what might be causing this problem? Rotary switch settings etc...?

Thanks for helps in advance!

Best Regards.

• There are fuses (some user changeable) on the YSF22 and rotary switches. Check the black cables (should be 2, since you have FSU) that go from the YSF22 to the YSF21 (CN201-CN211, CN202-CN212). Make sure that you have the terminating resistors installed if this is on R1.

Another idea is since you have FSU, look in the Machine Safety Logic Circuits. There may be a rung where something is preventing a mode change.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• There are fuses (some user changeable) on the YSF22 and rotary switches. Check the black cables (should be 2, since you have FSU) that go from the YSF22 to the YSF21 (CN201-CN211, CN202-CN212). Make sure that you have the terminating resistors installed if this is on R1.

Another idea is since you have FSU, look in the Machine Safety Logic Circuits. There may be a rung where something is preventing a mode change.

YSF22 fuses are good(Changed board just to be sure). YSF22 to YSF21 cables are checked and terminators are connected.

What could be related with Machine Safety Logic Circuit? Can you explain more about it please.

• I'm grasping. Other than the YSF21, it sounds like you have replaced everything upstream. In the Main Menu is Safety Function. This is where the FSU stuff is set up. There are Safety Logic Circuits. There may be a rung(s) that is looking at Play and/or Teach to do something. There may not be a timer, or a timer not long enough as components wear out that could throw an alarm. Generally, these are some type of safety alarm.

Once again I am grasping as it sounds like except for the YSF21 you have replaced everything.

Under what condition did/does this alarm occur? What has changed? Files loaded, software changed?

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Following up on this thread.

Seeing a similar issue, but not during normal operation. This only happens when I disconnect the programming pendant (using the disconnect option with long-pressing the simple menu button).

Any thoughts on what might be happening here?

Advertising from our partners