S-52+ Controller not booting up

• One of those then..........

If all was working before, and all has been returned and known working, then I doubt this would be an issue.

Sounds like other factors may be at work here......could be other things causing this then.

• Ahhh, saw your message too late.

I did run the procedure, and everything worked fine, but still will not boot to the logo.

I'm currently installing the original AS Software and SV Software on the new 1RA and 1QJ board. Just to see what happens.

I will then install the original 1RA.

I have removed everything that was replaced to try and eliminate them as possibilities, same result every time. I have tried removing each one individually and all of them at together.

• Ahhh, saw your message too late.

I did run the procedure, and everything worked fine, but still will not boot to the logo.

I'm currently installing the original AS Software and SV Software on the new 1RA and 1QJ board. Just to see what happens

A brand new 1RA and 1QJ board always requires Kernel Loading anyway.

The 1QJ then requires AS and SV loading up.

Then with a hardware initialization, should make it bootable again.

So continue with what your doing and see if anything changes.

If it is still the same, for the hardware initialization, part try dipswitches 1,3,8 ON instead of just 1 and 8.

• Check your conversation out in a minute.

Capture.PNG

I have included a procedure I am looking at for S Controller Software upgrade.

This relates to 1KA, but 1RA should be the same.

Try and follow this procedure with your original 1RA and 1QJ and see what happens.

• I am now following the procedure.

One thing I notice that is different from how I have been doing it, this calls to install AS and SV software simultaneously, without powering down between them, but I haven't been able to find a single folder that contains both. Instead I have one folder each, so I copy the contents to the flash card, install one, power down and repeat for the other.

I am just now going to try combining the folders, and deleting the file named "d_load.cmd" as both folders have a copy of this filename and it looks like it does the same as "as_load.cmd" and "sv_load.cmd" respectively. I think I may have to edit one of those *.cmd files to include the other.

• There is no need to attempt to load them simultaneously (this is just to speed the process up as they would usually have a new AS and a new SV to install).

Loading individually/simultaneously makes no difference, as you need to power off between each install.

But you should really always do AS prior to SV.

One of the things here, I forgot there is a slight different procedure for S Controller (which is Toyota).

The CPU board 1KA and 1RA are the same CPU boards used in standard D and D+ Controllers where as Toyota use them as S and S+ Controllers.

As you are Toyota, I would expect your Maintenance Team has documented replacement procedures for CPU boards and it may just be we are missing a step here......although replacing a CPU board between D and S Controllers is basically the same except for the dipswitch settings I outlined in my initial post....

• May be something else that's causing the issue then.

- Have you got a spare 1NB you can try?

- Can you pull the Toyopuc and boot up without that?

These are the only other things I can think of that is preventing bootup.

• I have had the PLC pulled out for all of this testing to eliminate any possible conflicts.

We don't have a 1NB board available to test with, I'll see if I can get one shipped in and give it a shot.

I think for today I'm throwing in the towel.

Thanks again for all your help.

If I eventually figure out what is going wrong, I 'll be sure to post again with some sort of resolution.

• After several more trials and swaps, I have finally managed to get the controller to boot up. It ended up being hardware addressing (a rotary switch) on the PLC card that wasn't set properly before it was installed. The 1RA looks for this I/O connection at boot, and if it's not there will not complete boot. So removing the PLC card for most of that testing actually worked against us.

It still isn't fully running yet, I think we have the wrong pendant for this controller, as I have picture but none of the inputs are being accepted (not touchscreen or keypad). As well there is another error, E1268 Breakage in the encoder line or faulty setting of encoder baud rate, that I need to figure out. But I'm working through it. Once again, thank you for your help.

• Pesky Toyopuc..........I had never considered that as part of the boot up process, so it's good to know.

So after all that, with the original boards etc, it was just down to the Toyopuc being pulled....:wallbash:

Thanks for sharing though, that's one for the black book........:top:

Toyota as standard have the touch screen disabled for most parts (toyota specification) to prevent accidental inputs etc, so that doesn't surprise me and may not be due to the teach pendant.

Easy enough to swap over though.

The E1268 error normally includes the JTxx no. and is usually a direct fault attributed to the encoder assembly itself (from previous experiences, but could well be a line disconnection).

Good to hear you're making some progress though......and really your maintenance staff should have a dedicated folder with all the schematics, ladder rungs for the Toyopuc and information for maintenance of that system.

If they haven't and they are still using the S52+, Kawasaki should be able to provide the full documentation set for your specific system too, it maybe worthwhile dropping someone at KRI an email request.

Advertising from our partners