Need to synchronize data problem

• We had been struggling for some time now with the IRPK-079, "Need to synchronize data" problem in production lines with 3 delta robots M-3iA/6s with R30iB controllers.

The problem occurs during the power On of the line (after power off, or because of a restart). It doesn't happen every time, but sporadically.

We know, that after this kind of problem, the robots need to synchronize the recipes data from the master to the other robots by pressing "Synchronize Data" on the robot web page workcell or in the pendant. But in some cases, after pressing "Synchronize Data" we are seeing that some of the recipes change some of the fields. They seem to reset to the default value. It happens more frequently with the active recipe but also had happened with others. It is very frustrating, it means a collision of the robots, a time-consuming task from our side to check all the recipes each time we have this problem (we have almost 60 recipes, so it is a lot), and less production time for the client. Specifically, the values that are changing are the ref_pos and appr_ofst of the recipes.

We had reduced the number of times this occurs by just never turning off the robots. But sometimes after a forced restart, we are facing it anyway.

We upgraded the firmware version of the controllers to the newest one, to be sure it wasn't a bug of some kind, but it didn't make any difference.

Any idea of what may be causing this problem?

• We had a similar issue with three M-1ia robots one master two slaves. I assume you have the same setup, but the issue had to do with moving the conveyor when the robots were off. We only had one recipe that is the only difference I can see between our problems. We never had to reteach the Ref pos or the app Offset.

• Thank you for your answer. I don't see how the movements of the conveyors could be related, but we will force the conditions to see if it is the reason to trigger the problem. I will let you know the results.

Advertising from our partners