RSI cannot set any outputs due to operator protections

• variable name is RET and you need to click on Update to get current value.

in my experience RSI is an advanced topic and should only be attempted by those that are already proficient with KUKA robots.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks for the help I was not knowing that. Yes! I am getting 27 in ret and if I am trying $ret then also I am getting some data screenshot attached. Thanks

• $RET is a system variable (hence the $) that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. We are concerned with RET, from the line in your program:

RET=RSI_CREATE(....)

RSI_CREATE is a function that returns an Integer value indicating how the function passed or failed. That value is passed back into RET by the function. You can see how this works by examining the source code of RSI_CREATE in the file RSI.SRC, in the robot.

The RSI manual contains a list of these response codes and what they mean. Start there.

• Hello SkyeFire,

I have checked the full RSI pdf but did not get about this issue and response code. So according to you, I have to change the code of RSI.SRC, but when I check the code of this file I get confused about what to do and how to make my Kuka robot arm working with ROS. I am posting code that may give an idea of you what's wrong with the code.

http://vip.gatech.edu/wiki/ima…ARobotSensorInterface.pdf

• So according to you, I have to change the code of RSI.SRC,

NO.

You do NOT modify RSI.SRC. You examine it to understand what it's doing.

In this case, the associated data file, RSI.DAT, contains the complete list of integer variables permanently declared to various values to make troubleshooting RSI's error codes easier. Which you would have found, if you were making a serious effort.

As you can see from the list copied out of RSI.DAT below, 27 is RSIFileNotFound. You'll need to look up this error, but this strongly suggests that RSI_CREATE cannot find your RSI container file.

• ROS_RSI.RSI, not ROS_RSI.RSI.XML. Two different files.

The correct file is visible three files up from the XML file, so I don't know why RSI_CREATE would throw a File Not Found error.

Have you tried opening the ROS_RSI.RSI file in RSIVisual to see if it compiles properly?

• it would be easier to help you if you would followed instructions and answered questions.

you still did not answer what is the exact KSS version, or RSI version.

it also looks like you never read the manual or completed installation, as outlined in the manual.

in fact you are trying to brute force this to work without following proper steps to learn about the system,

for example how to use the smartPad, monitor variables, display (and read) messages, etc

i am not trying to scold you, this is meant to remind you that there are some really important steps that you are neglecting. you don't want to be a danger to yourself and others.

please read pinned topic READ FIRST,

read key manuals, such as programming for system integrators, RSI manual for your version of RSI

perform proper installation and integration of packages

read all responses you got here and answer all questions, etc.

judging by evidence shared so far, this seem to be one of KSS8.5.x versions.

that means your RSI version is likely one of 4.x.x versions

on previous RSI versions (3,x or so) one had to install RSIVisual separately

on newer versions, this is done through integration of KOP file into WoV.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners