NX100 Ladder for network input to toggle universal output

• I have NX100 with welding robot for personal development (hobby) use so this is nothing industrial related.

I came across a small problem when I was thinking I can directly write IO signal registers with NX100 http network socket feature but documentation stated that reading them is possible (tested, yes it is) but writing happens through "NETWORK INPUT" register area as seen on my photo. As a test I wrote there 00000100.

I am trying to achieve I way to write "UNIVERSAL OUTPUT" signal 10022 as seen on my photo. When I manually toggle it on it says DECIMAL number 4 and off as 0. With this on/off I already have wanted behaviour with hardware connected behind physical IO.

Documentation I currently have is very long and messy for Ladder part because I believe I need a new Ladder configuration line to get NETWORK INPUT signal to set this UNIVERSAL OUTPUT signal on and off.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this what ladder config should hold in? ..or am I in wrong tracks with this one?

I should mention that I already tried adding new ladder config line but compiling it was whining about error so I clearly don't just understand what I am doing.

• probably the output signal address is grouped. So first thing to do is u ngroup it and afterward you can use it as you want.

When i say output signal i mean on Universal output address

• probably the output signal address is grouped. So first thing to do is u ngroup it and afterward you can use it as you want.

When i say output signal i mean on Universal output address

Did I understood right that if I write for example NETWORK INPUT 2201X bit 2 as 1 => decimal 4 I ungroup this and write that bit 2 into UNIVERSAL OUTPUT 10022 ?

Which leads into UNIVERSAL OUTPUT bit 2 signal number 10022 being ON

I am not close to robot now so I wonder how I ungroup NETWORK INPUT or can I just write all UNIVERSAL OUTPUT "PAGE" signals with that NETWORK INPUT signal 8 bits.

Anyways I try at end of next week play a bit again with Ladder to see if I get this working.

• Only thing that I can't understand is why would you connect Universal OUTPUT to network INPUT.

Since universal output is logical and network input fisical.

I did something similar with universal inputs and outputs to use it as a flag. But in my case both are logical.

• Only thing that I can't understand is why would you connect Universal OUTPUT to network INPUT.

Since universal output is logical and network input fisical.

I did something similar with universal inputs and outputs to use it as a flag. But in my case both are logical.

Good question. Let me explain what I am trying to do:

I have physical device "gripper" connected at that UNIVERSAL OUTPUT signal 10022 and I need to be able to toggle that on/off via HTTP Socket feature which has lead me to that NETWORK INPUT feature.

Toggling UNIVERSAL OUTPUT from Job works normally as should but I need this without running job using pendant Remote mode. Reason is that we are developing/testing software which is directly giving points for robot to move to and it needs possibility to toggle those UNIVERSAL OUTPUT signals in some possible way.

How would you do this in this kind of case?

• Sounds like what you want is:

STR# A 1xxxx Universal Output

AND-NOT# B 25xxx Network Input

STR# B 25xxx Network Input

AND-NOT# A 1xxxx Universal Output

AND #C Remote Mode

AND-NOT# D Operating (Green Start Lamp)

OR-STR

OUT# E 3xxxx External Output

Assuming valving is spring return. A, B, C, D, and E are your addresses to plug in.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Now this answer helped me on right tracks, really much thank you for this one!

I post later when close to robot a image of ready ladder when/if get it working.

• Just take care that universal input/output is not grouped, because it would give you compilation error

I earlier didn't understand what you meant by grouped signals but learned it today. So it was those ladders having GRP obviously. Thanks for your help too because it really helped.

So what I did was that I removed stock GRP for this group of signals and created them again one by one as STR --> OUT so they worked as normally.

But made that #10022 and #30052 to correspond what 95devils said except left

AND #C Remote Mode

AND-NOT# D Operating (Green Start Lamp)

out of context, will add this part when looking right signals from documents.

Anyway I got my wanted behaviour to work so can use universal output to control gripper and now also with network input

Advertising from our partners