Can Backup Fanuc program from it's TP USB flash drive, then load it to another TP(different) to make two TPs have same program?

• I have a Fanuc robot job assignment, I want to know if I Can Backup Fanuc program from one robot TP to USB flash drive, then load this USB drive program to another robot TP and make two TPs have same program?

• Yes plug USB into front of controller File, UTIL set device, UDI, Backup, TP programs.

Take USB plug into the other robot File, UTIL set device, UDI, find the desired TP program and load it

• Just to throw this out there for anyone reading...If you have identical robots like I have on my current project...I've taken an All of Above backup of the robot I have finished, taken a backup or already have an As Received backup of my Duplicate robot...Then I will go into Controlled Start and Restore the All of Above backup of my Original robot into the Duplicate robot. After the Restore is complete, I then needed to set the F# as well as Load in the Duplicate robot's SYSTMAST.SV file, which will Restore the Duplicate robot's Master Counts. After this the Duplicate robot is exactly the same as the Original robot, minus their differing F#'s and Master Counts.

Saved me a LOT of time not having to load individual files, punching in PR's, comments, etc. etc. etc.

• TomFoolious Do you have to move the duplicate robot into the same position as the original robot to get all the teach points to match up? Couldn't you just take an image file from old robot and upload into the newer robot, that way all the master data points would be the same?

• TomFoolious Do you have to move the duplicate robot into the same position as the original robot to get all the teach points to match up? Couldn't you just take an image file from old robot and upload into the newer robot, that way all the master data points would be the same?

If I'm not wrong, an Image would do the same as an AOA...but loading the AOA is just faster? And as HawkME said, you'd still need to load the SYSMAST file.

No you do not need to have the robots in the same orientation when loading. The teach points would be the same because the robot knows where they are based off the robots unique mastering data and the programmed TCP position. So from one robot model to the SAME robot model, the position data should match up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, don't want to lead anyone the wrong way!

• If I'm not wrong, an Image would do the same as an AOA...but loading the AOA is just faster? And as HawkME said, you'd still need to load the SYSMAST file.

Yes, AOA is faster, but it's not the same as loading Image.

When loading Image you also load the whole system software (FROM+SRAM -> clearing) and then all software options are also copied from one to another robot. If they're the same there's no problem.

Advertising from our partners