How do I Program a Positioner?

• I am new to programming Fanuc robots. I need to rotate my positioner and hold my welder still. I know it's rookie stuff, but I need steered in the right direction. I've created a lot of jobs but have used my positioner yet. thanks

• It depends on your setup. I'm going to assume your positioner is setup as a separate group. Based on what you described above; create a motion program with group 1 & 2, position the welding torch in the desired orientation, arc on instruction, then rotate the positioner without moving robot.

You likely don't need the coordinated motion option.

• You likely don't need the coordinated motion option.

But it will be much easier to set/control the speed. And as far as I know, speed is a important parameter for welding. Without coordinated motion you only can set percentages of maximum speed, but with coordinaten motion you can set the linear speed in mm/s.

• But it will be much easier to set/control the speed. And as far as I know, speed is a important parameter for welding. Without coordinated motion you only can set percentages of maximum speed, but with coordinaten motion you can set the linear speed in mm/s.

Definitely an important parameter. Defining a relationship between positioner origin and TCP would give you a better control over the process, so I understand the desire to use coordinated. I don't usually get these luxuries as an integrator.

Lots of things get easier when you pay for them :winking_face:.

Advertising from our partners