Group masks when creating a program

• I am new to programing and have found out that if the group masks are not set correctly, under the details hot key, your whole program wont work. Is there a way to modify group masks once a program is written? I tried on a "test" program and when I go to the details screen the cursor skips over the group mask.

• Yes, youu can get past this by editing the ASCII version of the file, which is stored with an .LS extension, and then reloading the program.

To reload the program you will need the ASCII upload option. If you do not have the option you will either need RoboGuide to compile the .LS to a .TP, or you will need to use the command line MakeTP.exe program to compile a .TP for your robot.

More information about this can be found by searching these forums.

-Phil

• thanks for the reply, i searched of other post and i believe you where to one that explained making a new file with proper group masks and copy code from original file to new file, deleting old and rename new file to match old file name.

• It's possible to change the group mask on TP:

SELECT - NEXT - DETAILL - goto to groupmask and change it.

So... what about when you can't get to the Group Mask line? On the robot I'm programming right now, the cursor just skips over the Group line -- I can't get to it, no matter what I do.

To get around this, I saved the program as an .LS, changed the Group Mask from 1,1,* to 1,*,* (I needed to remove Group 2), but the program faulted on load -- I had to go back into the LS file and delete all the GP2 data from each point to get it to load successfully.

• Once there is point data in a program, the controller won't let you change the group mask. Only lets you do it on programs that are being created, or don't have any points. I'm not sure about the last part though, been a while since I worked on a multigroup system.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Advertising from our partners