How to open XRC controller backups in MotoSim?

• Hello everyone.

I'm new to Yaskawa robots but I've got a job to so that's why I'm here. Our Client is now working on old robots (abut 20 y.o.) and is planning a transition to a new robots. I need to check if we can transition all the jobs from old robots to new ones without changing points and all that. So i tried to put both of those robots in one cell but it seems ike XRC controllers are not available in any yakawa/motoman software. Any ideas how to check if new MPX 3500 robot with DX200 can do exactly the same jobs and reach the same points as the old PX2900 with XRC controller? im trying to figure it out for days but I'm stuck...

Thanks in advance for any help

• i tried with 2017 and 2020 versions. I managed to convert pulses from older robot for pulses on newer and bigger robot BUT i have no idea is it moving correctly beacuse a lack of older robot model. On yaskaw manuals site I found that motosim 6.4 should be able to run those backups but i was not able to find online ;/ Mybe you know a place where i could be looking for that soft?

• You can only open XRC backup with Motosim EG, the Motosim VRC don't support XRC.

Also you must know work with Motosim EG is different with VRC and there aren't visual pendant on it and work is hard in this area.

• I wrote it earlier but maybe i do not translate my thoughts properly. I managed to change the jobs by "relative" tool on the DX200 pendant. But my boss is worried that we can not be sure without seeing the MPX points in comparison with PX2900 robot, that's all. Our client also don't know how much time he could give us to change all the jobs (there is almost 500 of them on 2 robots but the offer from them mantions about 1400 of jobs). That's where my question comes from - can we be 100% sure that relatives jobs made in the office will be good (maybe with some changes needed) on site. If any of you can help me with my concerns i'll be thankfull :grinning_squinting_face:

P.S. I'm aware that offline for most of the time needs changes on site but in this particular situation client wants it to be a copy paste job for most of the jobs on robots

• I wrote it earlier but maybe i do not translate my thoughts properly. I managed to change the jobs by "relative" tool on the DX200 pendant. But my boss is worried that we can not be sure without seeing the MPX points in comparison with PX2900 robot, that's all. Our client also don't know how much time he could give us to change all the jobs (there is almost 500 of them on 2 robots but the offer from them mantions about 1400 of jobs). That's where my question comes from - can we be 100% sure that relatives jobs made in the office will be good (maybe with some changes needed) on site. If any of you can help me with my concerns i'll be thankfull :grinning_squinting_face:

P.S. I'm aware that offline for most of the time needs changes on site but in this particular situation client wants it to be a copy paste job for most of the jobs on robots

Hello Dunnat

Would you have a copy of the old MotoSim EG I could purchase?

Much Appreciated

Howard Du Plessis

• Be very careful. Not all versions of MotoSim EG will work on a 64 bit PC. If you get an old version of MotSim and it's 32 bit (or doesn't say 64 bit) you'll need to install an emulator with Windows XP and then install MotoSim in that environment.

Robodoc

Advertising from our partners