KUKA KRC2 profibuss confoguration with Balluff

• Hello.

I wont to configuration KUKA KRC2 with I/O module BALLUFF BNI0054.

Im activate profibus in iosys.ini.

Im configuration adress.

Must I install gsd file balluff in kuka robot ?

• As Hermann said, to configure a KRC2 as a Profibus Master, you must use the NCM Manager software that came with the KRC's ProfiBus option (the installer will be under D:/KUKA_OPT/PROFIBUS/ on the robot's hard drive, along with the manual that describes this process). NCM must have the GSD file of the slave module.

NCM will generate a binary .LDB file that contains the "scan list" of all the ProfiBus slaves the robot is supposed to control. This file must be placed in the KRC2' INIT directory, alongside IOSYS.INI and PFBMS.INI.

PPFBMS.INI's Master section must be edited to point to the .LDB file and activate the Master port of the PB card (the Master and Slave ports on the card are separate, so you must plug into the correct port).

• Have seen 'newer' KRC2 bots that hadn't the NCM manager on drive D. Think they had license problems.

If they installed the KUKA ProfiBus card, it should have come with the software pack (including the KSS driver and NCM).

But if they bought the card on the secondhand market, without the complete package....

• To get the job done you need the software or have someone with access to software to generate LDB file for you.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners