Ambiguous tool0

• Robot said after loading a different program that hadn't been used in a while, that tool0 is ambiguous. Found tool0 in base module and base-mt module. When I try to delete one or change name of one it says it's in a read only module. How do I know which one is the right one and which one was copied and pasted? ( I'm assuming that's what happened) funny thing is tool0 never gets used in that program, but it won't let me do anything.

ABB IRB-6600-175/2.8, S4C-Plus M2000

• "Xerim" it says module is read only. And I can't figure out how to change that. Lemster68, when I try to delete base-mt module, it says "can't delete file"

• In your first post you mentioned that you loaded a program, not a program module. Programs contain all the modules, but I think those should be on the Program module type and not the system module type. In any case, you cannot have the same named data, that is why it is ambiguous, robot does not know which tool0 you mean, does not matter if they are the same values, robot does not "think" that far into it.

• but there is no tool0 used in the program. I get that there are 2 tool0's. But I can't delete any one of them.

• It does not matter what it is, tool, routine, module, strings, etc., can not have the same name, whether used or not. Make a backup, delete the module from the backup, and then do a restore. Make an extra backup that you do not mess with if you want to be really safe.

• You should be able to rename one of your tool0 to tool1 i just can remember exactly where to do it, i mean it can be done in jog and under tool, there you will be able to see both. i have to look for it when i get to work tomorrow.

• no matter where I try to do it, it says it's in a read only module. Won't allow me to. Ended up putting the base-mt on a thumb drive, and editing it with a notebook on a pc, then loading it off of the drive. Then it worked. But still don't know if it will work next time I load another program. Haven't had time to test it since the guys had to bundle tube by hand till I got it going.

• Let's address this "loading a program". Are you loading a program or program module? If it is a program, examine it before loading to ensure that the base-mt module is not in it before you load it. Otherwise, get used to loading modules, and only load the ones that you need.

• You should be able to rename one of your tool0 to tool1 i just can remember exactly where to do it, i mean it can be done in jog and under tool, there you will be able to see both. i have to look for it when i get to work tomorrow.

Tool0 is just the first of many errors you would have to correct. The robot would just move on to the next error, the next, and so on. Load0, Wobj0 and more. Look at the contents of both base and base-mt and you will see a lot of ambiguities. That is why it is necessary to remove the whole module, and to make sure that it does not get reloaded again.

• It was just an example of what he could do, i only have 1 backup with Base and Base_MT and there is nothing in Base_MT, the others i have are with Base and Basefun2. The problem is probably that when he saves the "Program" he presses File - 3 Save Program and not File - 8 Save Module. So Lauyder, do you save Programs or Modules? Usuaslly you only work wiht Modules in an ABB Robot and not Programs. Program is MAIN, it is main that controls everything, you make Modules with routines and the routines are used in main. This is how it is here en Denmark.

• i only have 1 backup with Base and Base_MT and there is nothing in Base_MT, the others i have are with Base and Basefun2.

Just in case you are curious, and for anyone else who would like to poke around, look here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ABB Robotics\MediaPool\3HAC6811-2.27\system

You can see the modules from where they get loaded when you build a system with Robinstall. There are other versions of RW, you might see -2.21, -2.18, or whatever versions you have in your mediapool. Some things are encrypted in there, others are not. You can also poke around in the options folder. Much of those are encrypted, though.

• so far I just loaded programs. I never actually took the program and looked at it on a pc till today and noticed that it has all those parameters in front of the routines. I got a hold of ABB tech support and they recommended not deleting base-mt. Looked at it and was not sure how much I could delete. Like Lemster68 said, I just got another ambiguity error. So i deleted everything but the first bit that defines that it's for multitasking and opened it from thumb drive. I'm assuming that overwrote the old one, then it worked.

Advertising from our partners