Robot PM in welding factory

• Hi! How You guys doing. I am a maintenance technician in a BIW shop, I work with 60 servo KUKA welding robots. This is my second new job and is also a new challenge for me. I used to work as a robot integrator. But now, I have to change my work property, pay more attention to the robot preventive maintenance or repair.I don't know how to start with it. All I did recently is optimizing program and some KRC2 robots upgrade project. So, Can you guys who had worked in factory give me some EXP and maintenance works contents including: 1.reducing robot downtime 2. Diagnostic 3. Finding robot problems in advance(using tools?I even saw that use thermal imagery on robot arms in some factory interview video.etc ...)

THANKS for your suggestion and share:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: BTW thanks for some friends like panic mode. skyfire.etc in KUKA forum.they helped much :winking_face:

• i would say make sure to have up to date backup for each robot, maintain robot and controller per manuals, don't let things escalate to a point of failure. this means keeping things clean, regular (and correct) work or replacement of wear and tear items (robot oil, batteries, counterbalance, energy supply, fans).

optimizing programs for less frequent stops and less violent acceleration/jerk etc. and for gods sake make sure to tighten all strain reliefs, cable glands, buttons etc. plus one thing everyone forgets - maintenance of proper documentation. people walk on or throw away valuables like CDs, schematics etc. recovery sticks become expensive and no longer functional souvenirs...

i was amazed how many people would complain about lack of documentation or support the moment i arrive... and when i open cabinet i see shoe prints, scratches and all kinds of stains and damage to CDs and schematics. guess where my sympathy levels are after seeing that.

got called once to fix robot that did not work any more. robot was on pedestal, and base was covered with rugs drenched in oil and impregnated with sharp metal chips. and the operator was trying to squeeze past robot to recover dropped part. in process pulled on those rugs and disengaged X30 connector. such nice place to start fire....

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks. I got it. About data backup,we did regular program backup every 2 months and system image file. Oil change and counterbalance check are the part of annual maintenance project. As for clean, I can't ensure all of it, the cabinet seems ok,but robot arms is bad,especially the gear box of A3 which is dusty on the surface,the workers can't clean it with dry rag. I'LL make some strategies to handle it.

Optimizing program is important, but I didn't care much about the motions.the speed of most program is 100%,even at A4 huge angle change,maybe I should look over all the robots.

About Docs,I usually find it in accessory USB and the related OPTION DOC file. but I still do not have KUKA PARTS & DOCS,I can't find the CDs.

I'll notice all of you said,thank you:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Advertising from our partners