KRC 4 (2014). Version KSS 8.3.7. The robot Kuka KR 6-2. Kemppi 450 Pulse (DeviceNet)

• I am using KRC 4 2014. Version KSS 8.3.7. The robot Kuka KR 6-2 was already in production, it was bought, brought and of course

everything broke. The password was changed by Kuka, lost, and so on. I had to reinstall KSS, then write a project on WorkVisual 5.0, etc.

After these manipulations, the robot started working and there were no errors. The next step was to connect the welding machine using DeviceNet(pinout shown in the photo, terminator 108 ohms)

Kemppi 450 Pulse.(to understand the situation in the old project, the welding machine was a slave). For communication, I use the BeckHoff EK1100 + EL6752 modules. The EK1100 module is powered by a security board (which was still allowed in the 2014 versions, pinout in the photo (brown wires do not look they are not used))

A project was written with these modules, the ArcTechBasic 1.2.1 cop files and the ArcPulse EN welding machine settings, macids were set (Kuka Master ID=1, Kemppi Slave MacID=3), mapping was made (also specified in the attachment).

Installed in the controller Asteca 1.2.1, loaded the project. And I got errors that can be seen from the photo of the control panel. I checked the voltage at the input to the board

installed in the welding machine, got 0V. The EL6752 module itself hangs in an error (incorrect MacID or voltage error), but I rechecked everything correctly

(the switch in the welding machine is set to MacID=3, speed=500). Hence, only the tension remains.

(I tried to re-upload the projects from the source one, downloaded them from the controller again, and rebuilt the project in WorkVisual, too, did not help)

I tried to replace the wire itself from DeviceNet (I rang it) just in case, it also did not give results. The EK1100 module itself signals that it has received 24V and transmitted 24V

over the connection bus. But after EL6752, the signal is processed.

Tell me what else I can check, maybe you will see my errors and so on? Maybe i can reset this module, or reset EL6752 connection with BeckHoff EK110

• with devicenet protocol only following things need to be check:-

1. IO mapping input output byte size.

2. 24V and 0V supply to devicenet module at either robot side or powersource side

3. A 120 ohm resistor to end the brach at either robot side or powersource side, between CAN high and CAN low.

4.proper connections at both side.

5. Changing faulty module.

6.Continuty check

• your KEB is not configured correctly and as a result it is not working. EL6752 is just part of the I/O block connected to KEB.

when working, there will be four green LEDs on EK1100, right now you only have three (LinkAct is off which is not good).

first you need to determine type of your EL6752 module. to do this you need to see marking on the side of the module. there are two products in this family:

EL6752 - this one is DNET master

EL6752-0010 - this one is DNET slave (note the "-0010" suffix)

and you need to have a correct one based on what is on the other side of the DNET network.

if the AnyBus M00453 is slave then your robot needs to have DNET master module.

if the AnyBus M00453 is master then your robot needs to have DNET slave module.

which ever way it is, master will need to be configured to know about slave.

then you need to wire things properly. it looks like you have terminators on both ends of the bus but 108 ohm is not correct value. it should be 121 Ohm 1%. 120 Ohm 5% tend to work ok. 108 Ohm may work but the buss will be noisy since not terminated properly. and you want to have channel noise free, specially in harsh applications like welding.

also DNET bus will need to be powered (is this done on the Kempi side?).

and how about grounding DNET shield? it need to be grounded at one side. usually KRC.

then you need to properly configure KEB using WoV to insert ALL modules as they are physically connected.

you only have EK1100 + EL6752 right now but it need to be

EK1100 + EL2809 + EL1809 + EL6752 (exact order as in second picture)

and this order has to be confirmed in KEB topology view.

then you can do the I/O mapping, deploying project and trying to get KEB working.

i have not seen DNT in ages but if i recall red LED on DNET module should only blink once on powerup. that's it.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• yes activity LED should be flashing fast.

that works for most cases but there are other things that may need to be checked

Its flashing. (not off)

yes activity LED should be rapidly flashing.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• then you need to properly configure KEB using WoV to insert ALL modules as they are physically connected.

you only have EK1100 + EL6752 right now but it need to be

EK1100 + EL2809 + EL1809 + EL6752 (exact order as in second picture)

oh sorry my bad, its old picture, now i use only EK1100+El6752.

• also DNET bus will need to be powered (is this done on the Kempi side?).

and how about grounding DNET shield? it need to be grounded at one side. usually KRC

As I understand it DNET powered on the Kuka side through the module EK1100 (EK1100 get power from safeboard)

As I understand it DNET powered on the Kuka side through the module EK1100 (EK1100 get power from safeboard)

your understanding is wrong... do not assume, verify.

that means reading DeviceNet manual, all responses and discussions on the forum.

your picture shows that only EK1100 power is powered. in fact i can see two jumpers making sure that both sets of power terminals on EK1100 are powered - which is correct.... for EK1100.

but there is no sign of 24VDC wires connecting to DeviceNet bus. i am talking about purple cable that connects EL6752 and Kemppi. That cable is five conductors for a reason. power is not somehow trickling through EK1100 and E-Bus and EL6752 to that cable - you need to bring the 24VDC to it somehow, either by installing DeviceNet MultiTap module (terminal X941) or by bringing extra wires with 24VDC to that big gray connector at EL6752...

Quote from Panic Mode

which ever way it is, master will need to be configured to know about slave

Did u mean MacID and WoV settings?

well sort of... but not necessarily... read more carefully.

WoV is used to configure KRC4 but not Kemppi ... and you still did not confirm which of the two is acting as a master.

3) read 1 and 2

• but there is no sign of 24VDC wires connecting to DeviceNet bus. i am talking about purple cable that connects EL6752 and Kemppi. That cable is five conductors for a reason. power is not somehow trickling through EK1100 and E-Bus and EL6752 to that cable - you need to bring the 24VDC to it somehow, either by installing DeviceNet MultiTap module (terminal X941) or by bringing extra wires with 24VDC to that big gray connector at EL6752...

Thank you for that answer. That helped a lot. And now we are having another "funny" problem. Our EL6752 now showing two greens, one solid and one flashing. But we still have KSS11049 "Error in deviceNet slave module (MacID=3 ...)(Error code: 1 - Station deactivated)

We are cleary turned on our Pulse450 with K60. It even have one green light at AnyBus M00453 indication panel.

We tried to change baud rate and macID via switches, but it didn't helped. (And green light on AnybUs plate changed to red, so we assume, Kuka at least seeng this)

and you still did not confirm which of the two is acting as a master.

KR C4 with EL6752 should be master. But, as you can see, we cleary have "tiny" lack of experience. And if you can push us in the right direction - we will be much appritiate.

So... Can you give us a few hints, what we should check?

• i don't see you even trying...

every hint to self-help is already stated at least once.

you already got tons of feedback. read it...

3) read 1 and 2

• i don't see you even trying...

every hint to self-help is already stated at least once.

you already got tons of feedback. read it...

thx for help panic mod! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: we are just young students at the beginning of our carrer. we will do our best! :smiling_face:

• every hint to self-help is already stated at least once.

Well... We tried read everything many times and check all available info. Searched answers on this forum and etc. But this still a little bit overwhelming o:

Basicly right now we have two leads:

1) That somehow our Kemppi think, that he is master.

But there are no setting at welding controller or switches on Anybus plate, to even verify that case. Plus previous owners said, that welding machine definitly was controlled by robot.

And also we looked at internal indication at SmartPad. Robot definitly sees his EL6752 as master device. So... We are unsure, how we can change/verify this even more and change some Pulse 450 to slave, if it even has changing from slave to master.

2) Something with IO Mapping.

We tried to connect to our thing via WorkVisual and it says us this:

KAJCja9q2S0.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=96&proxy=1&sign=ef8f20e4ca2ccbcc8a75622399ca5446&type=album

Our DTM setting:

rbQjI0jvKn0.jpg?size=724x593&quality=96&proxy=1&sign=765f16f66e29a6fead16bedca5ea98af&type=album

URZbAujirn0.jpg?size=1491x216&quality=96&proxy=1&sign=166c5b88a784642c957b5c4aa5cc3fd4&type=album

And we also found this thing in Kemppi manual for our type of controllers.

PwVdij599mE.jpg?size=939x855&quality=96&proxy=1&sign=3a4c991e5056df2eadf8e1f1140f5bb6&type=album

201-208 to byte 5. Bit 3 on PowerSourseReady. So this should work. As i understand, "Invalid connection data" means that it sends/received incorrect package. But, as i suspect, my understanding is wrong o:

Advertising from our partners