Planning 2 tasks with industry robot(s)

• Hi,

I want to plan a pick & place task and a gluing process with a robot.

As dispensing system I should use a pneumatic gun. and for P&P a vacuum gripper and a 2-finger gripper should be used.

in this step i need to know, can i program both tasks with one robot? or do i need two robots?

Actually I know that I can schedule both tasks with one robot, but I need to know clearly what is the difference if I do these tasks with 2 robots?

Does it help to have better accuracy or does it help to save time? (Or any other opinion I would like to hear from you).

Bests

Sepehr

• This is quite a general question without enough information for precise answers. What is the cell layout, if any, yet? Do you need exacting glue or can it be rather sloppy? Most dispensing systems are dose meter or servo driven, there are more than several brands like Nordson, Shucker, Loctite (the system I used was not so precise) and others. Some robots can have an integrated dispense package. What material are you handling? Wood, metal, glass, plastic? Two robots may improve cycle time (throughput). Of course two robots cost twice as much as one, roughly. You might have one bigger robot, costs more. And another, smaller robot, costs a little less.

• Hi,

In this step, as I said, I should be using the Pneumatic gun! and a board with a size of 600mm * 600mm needs to be built with P&P, and after that, the gluing process is completed.

• in this step i need to know, can i program both tasks with one robot?

Yes.

or do i need two robots?

How many parts do you need to make per unit time? You could weld a whole car with enough tool changers, but it would take you 3 weeks to do it.

I need to know clearly what is the difference if I do these tasks with 2 robots?

The difference is cycle time. You will be able to make about twice as many parts per unit time. The tasks are now parallelized instead of in sequence.

Does it help to have better accuracy or does it help to save time?

What are your part tolerances? A micron? An inch?

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Hi,

Thank you about yor answers.

There are 4 Parts for pick and place, which are 600mm*600mm and a LED strip which is about 500mm*6mm. And for gluing process should be used pneumatic gun.

As I understand the only difference is in the cycle time, but you now know the part size.

If there is any other suggestion I will be happy to hear from you.

• Details man. You are asking us to spec out a cell with out even answering basic questions.

Knowing the part size only tells me what size of robot you will need.

To repeat some of my questions:

What is your required cycle time?

What are the tolerances of your parts?

Some new ones:

What is the shot size of your glue?

How accurate do you need to be with the volume of glue dispensed?

What is the Reynolds number of the glue? If the glue is super thick or thin, it will require special provisions.

What is the cure time of the glue?

Does the glue need to go through an oven or some other post process?

Does the glued LED strip need to be held in place while the glue cures?

These are all questions you should be able to answer. Any integrator will be asking you the same.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Advertising from our partners