Hold lamp

• Hello,

That's my problem witn NX100.

I want to hold the robot with PLC so I use the #40067 (EXT.HOLD) to do it in profibus.

#40067 is mapped in the ladder and when the input is on the robot is in external holding.

The problem is that when the input is off, external holding goes off, but #50071 (hold lamp) is still on. So robot can't go in running and the external start is prohibited.

marco

• Can you save your ladder out and post it as a text file. Without looking at the ladder or even knowing the application, it is impossible to troubleshoot.

On applications where Yaskawa has the hold standard in the ladder, it is on the system side not editable by the end user. Yaskawa will have a 70000 series auxiliary relay on the user side that you could parallel around with your 20000 series external input.

My guess would be that in the circuit you wrote the rung is being sealed up and not broken.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Can you save your ladder out and post it as a text file. Without looking at the ladder or even knowing the application, it is impossible to troubleshoot.

On applications where Yaskawa has the hold standard in the ladder, it is on the system side not editable by the end user. Yaskawa will have a 70000 series auxiliary relay on the user side that you could parallel around with your 20000 series external input.

My guess would be that in the circuit you wrote the rung is being sealed up and not broken.

• So you want the robot going into a hold whenever you are in Play/Remote (not Teach) and Input #35 is off (not on)?

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Hello,

I also have this problem, we are working with a Motoman NXC100, and there is no way the robot is moving. We can hear the breaks release, and the teachpanel says servos ok, but still there remains this external hold error message, and the LED of the HOLD button is ON.

has anybody a solution to this Problem?

• If the signal you are getting is an External Hold, then the signal is coming from a PLC or other remote device (PC or operator station). Please check those to see why you are getting the signal.

Other options:

- someone has removed the jumper for External Hold in the controller and that's why you are getting told that you are in external hold.

- someone has modified the ladder of the robot to give this external hold signal

• Thanks a lot for your help!

We finally managed to find the problem, the plug X62 or something was defective, and therefore the cable bridge we made was ineffective.

Advertising from our partners