Configuration errors

• I have a problem where one time my robot goes to get inserts off of a station and logo on arm is facing me, then another time depending on where program resumed from goes to same location but orientation is opposite and logo on arm is facing other way 360 deg. dfference. Is there a way to prevent orientation from changing. Also I notice on position on pendant does not read the @ symbol.

• Linear moves ignore wrist configuration numbers. Joint moves do not. Use a joint move to get close to your operation, then use a Linear move for the final moves.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Linear moves ignore wrist configuration numbers. Joint moves do not. Use a joint move to get close to your operation, then use a Linear move for the final moves.

Thought so, I will try that, maaan I have a lot of work ahead of me lol. Thanks

• dJshaun5

I have no idea about your program but is it possible for you to teach an intermediate point where you can send the robot while it's in different spots. If you do this you dont have to teach a J and and L, just teach a generic J, If you are lucky that J points will help to go to the point and return from the point

J PR[33:Midway] 100% CNT100

Retired but still helping

• you can use your linear move if you use point representation - joint. By default when you create a linear point, it saved as Cartesian, but you can change it to joint by keeping your linear interpolation type.

• You could also use a linear move with a wjnt motion modifier at the end of the move. Just use the right arrow to highlight the blank at the end of the line, f1 for options, then select wjnt.

Be careful and test thoroughly, this can make for some interesting looking moves.

• you can use your linear move if you use point representation - joint. By default when you create a linear point, it saved as Cartesian, but you can change it to joint by keeping your linear interpolation type.

I'm not seeing this in my testing. I ran to a point with J6 at 503 degrees (j6 turn number of 1), and the robot arrived at the point with J6 @ 143 deg (j6 turn number of 0).

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• You could also use a linear move with a wjnt motion modifier at the end of the move. Just use the right arrow to highlight the blank at the end of the line, f1 for options, then select wjnt.

Be careful and test thoroughly, this can make for some interesting looking moves.

Interesting, i will have to test that, I never seen this one. Thanks.

• dJshaun5

I have no idea about your program but is it possible for you to teach an intermediate point where you can send the robot while it's in different spots. If you do this you dont have to teach a J and and L, just teach a generic J, If you are lucky that J points will help to go to the point and return from the point

J PR[33:Midway] 100% CNT100

I did exactly this. Thanks !

Advertising from our partners