NX100 PLAY MODE ENABLE signal input / button missing

• I seem not to figure out how should play mode "PLAY MODE ENABLE" be set to active. I see many Motoman documentations saying its a button on NX100 cabinet but my NX100 does not have such button so it must be external one or signal?. Does anyone know which card should I be looking for and how to find right input. I hope attached image gives some info what I am after.

I can add physical button to it if just would know what to look for.

After this is solved I would get PLAY mode hopefully working.

Just as backstory that my NX100 and robot is for hobby / development use and I have been working to get it up and running now few weeks because I am missing external hardware so need to figure out one problem at the time.

• On the American standard controller, the Play Mode Enable button is on the door. The wiring goes to the NIF01 board, connector CN05. CN05-A1 and B1 go to the contacts of the switch. CN05-A3 and B3 go to the light of the button.

Other possibilities:

This SIN could be written in the ladder to automatically come on if certain conditions are met.

There is a Yaskawa parameter for this. It might be set to not use the Play Mode Enable button.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Could not find any related wiring. Ladder possibility makes sense so I start tomorrow look into it. I have been quickly checking out ladder programming before but don't really understand it so this is good chance to learn it too.

Thanks!

• Okay now I found that Yaskawa parameter to disable whole feature but I still study ladder too, would be nice to understand how it was meant to function.

• Back in the day, the engineering team in Japan read the rule "separate and deliberate action" and thought this applied to changing to play mode, so they made the play mode enable button on robots going to North America. After much yelling and screaming there was a software update that made this an option and added the ability to activate by an input. So some robots (that come from Europe or Asia) don't have this button and some robots near the end of the production run of NX100 don't have this button.

Buying used robots is like buying a used car. The sales guy will tell you "like new" and "only driven to church on Sundays", anything to make a sale.

Robodoc

• Back in the day, the engineering team in Japan read the rule "separate and deliberate action" and thought this applied to changing to play mode, so they made the play mode enable button on robots going to North America. After much yelling and screaming there was a software update that made this an option and added the ability to activate by an input. So some robots (that come from Europe or Asia) don't have this button and some robots near the end of the production run of NX100 don't have this button.

Buying used robots is like buying a used car. The sales guy will tell you "like new" and "only driven to church on Sundays", anything to make a sale.

Buying this robot has been far from experience of buying used car. I am absolutely amazed by this robot electronics, its software and especially its coordinate system how its programmed and how it moves. Programming this at least basic movements is so easy and fun and it just works. Changing all parameters and finding out all these features it has, has been best days of my life so far.

I am glad that it came with missing hardware and first without electrical drawings because investigating all alarm codes and troubles has also been extremely interesting (actually now got electrical drawings with order number from Yaskawa week ago which lead to more findings)

Today I got PLAY mode to work so its cycling between two dummy jobs. Got HTTP functionality to work, lot of things to sort out at that side but starting now next week to make small command wrapper with Python hoping to get way of remotely controlling it "freely" due later needs.

Bottomline really is that if one has no hardware, electronics or any basic software understanding or especially any problem solving skills this used robot with missing hardware would not be for that one.

Advertising from our partners