GP7 (YRC1000u) dies abruptly with 1303 [10026] error

• I have a GP7 robot with a YRC1000u controller. I am controlling it via MotoROS by sending it trajectories generated from a computer. The system was working fine until it abruptly stopped and threw an error: 1303 [10026] (Also, a 10024 once). A power cycle of the controller fixes things. But this is now happening once an hour or so.

Tech support recommends swapping out the entire robot. Is there something else that can be done before that?

• I have not worked with MotoROS before. But if you are sending the controller trajectories, I would try to duplicate the problem by write a job with the same motion on the programming pendant to recreate the problem.

Alarm 1303

ARITHMETIC ERROR(SERVO)

An error occurred in the control arithmetic process or parameter arithmetic process in the SDCA01 board. This alarm occurs if a control-related parameter calculated from the input parameter (tool file) is not within the specified range.

The data [X____] indicates the generation process.

10000: Observer control

20000: High-precision path control

30000: Dynamics

40000: Disturbance observer

control

The data [_YYY_] indicates the alarm contents.

The data [____Z] indicates the physical axis number.

Cause: Tool file setting error.

Remedy: Check the tool file setting. (Check the units of mass and center of gravity, positive/negative signs.)

Cause: Motor load error

Remedy: Check the following:

Overload is applied to the manipulator. Correct the tools, the work pieces, and the drive condition.

Cause: Software operation error occurred

Remedy:

(1) Turn the power OFF then back ON.

(2) If the alarm occurs again, save the CMOS.BIN, and then contact your YASKAWA representative about occurrence status (operating procedure).

Based on this the problem is internal to the observer control (in the controller) on the robot R and T-axis. I don't believe swapping out the robot will cure the problem.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners