WANTING TO INSTALL A HORN WHEN ROBOT IS STATIONARY FOR A SET TIME

• WE ARE WANTING TO INSTALL A LOUD SPEAKER ON OUR ROBOTS THAT WILL SOUND OFF IF SET CONDITIONS ARE MET. ONE BEING THE ROBOT HAS AN ALARM AND THE OTHER IF THE ROBOT IS STATIONARY FOR TO LONG. HAS ANYONE DONE THIS BEFORE?

• you can do all of it in the ladder.

Search for the "concurrent io" manual for your controller

So I know Out 37 signals robot is running and my output 9 is used to turn on the speaker and time will be at 5 minutes to signal OUT9 if OUT37 is off. Still not sure how to move forward with the ladder.

• So I know Out 37 signals robot is running and my output 9 is used to turn on the speaker and time will be at 5 minutes to signal OUT9 if OUT37 is off. Still not sure how to move forward with the ladder.

What generation of controller? Depending on this you may or may not have to go through the ladder.

Do you want the horn to sound when any type of alarm happens?

Do you want the alarm to sound in both Teach and Play?

Do you want the alarm to sound even in Play while the jobs are operating but the robot sitting still?

Reading the above requirements, the horn would sound any time the controller is on and the green start lamp isn't lit. If that was me, I'd probably be cutting the wires to shut the darn thing up as it would probably be going off more than I care to hear it.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I have thought about the weekend deal

So have you considered that this horn will be blaring all weekend long (if you do not run weekends), during breaks and lunch maybe, and if the cell is down for some maintenance activity, repair or clean

I'm doing a sample project for management. I'm afraid it will be more of a nuisance as well. Its a DX100. I have it figured out about the alarm by just tying it into the alarm light on the OP station but in the controller. I only want it to trigger in remote and when the robot is stationary for over the set time they want of 5 minutes. I have suggested a light that comes on but they want noise. We have a customer who uses this but the operator hits a button when they walk off is my understanding. Servos are supposed to be turned off during non production. We work thru breaks and lunch with a break giver.

• Such things are better handled by a PLC, in my opinion. The PLC knows if the cell is in auto AND running. And if the robot is running or faulted. That is, if you have a PLC, of course.

I have considered that. It still seems that I could use inform language to accomplish this though.

• here on fórum, you can find software called mladder.

It will show you the code on left and visual on right.

To save the current ladder running onto he controller go to ex memory=>> save =>> i/O data=>> cioprg.lst

• Such things are better handled by a PLC, in my opinion. The PLC knows if the cell is in auto AND running. And if the robot is running or faulted. That is, if you have a PLC, of course.

All that can be done in ladder. Ladder is practically a plc within yaskawa controller

• Why not give your floor supervisor the ability to fire those that don't produce? Seeing someone get fired for not producing is a better motivator than having a horn blow.

I've seen using buzzers because of few operators on the line, I mean, more like calling the attention. Because one operator was working on couple of cells

• Why not give your floor supervisor the ability to fire those that don't produce? Seeing someone get fired for not producing is a better motivator than having a horn blow.

They may get fired if a manager hears this alarm to often. Also as lijuba said, its to get attention for errors on the machine as well.

Quotes about Doing things your way (42 quotes)

Advertising from our partners