Clone compact flash abb irc5

• Hello good, I have acquired an irb 260 irc5 m2004 with RW 5.11 for self-training. My question is since I am going to be doing a lot of programming tests, I want to make sure I have a copy of the operating system, especially the boot partition. I want to clone the original compactflash and use the clones for normal use and save the original. I have read that to clone the compactflash you have to do it through linux. Does anyone know how?

• Hello. It works correctly I have already cloned the irc5 compactflash with Acronis. There is a problem and it is that Acronis does not clone with less than 256mb in the destination CF. For the rest everything is correct, thank you very much.

• Hello, i have a lot of ABB robot in my factory, and i want create the clone of CF card of each robot.

I want copy the card card in the Hard disk and if i have the problem with the CF card i create a clone immediately, do you know the software for this ?

If i have the original CF card from 1Gb it's possible use the 2Gb card to clone ?

Thank

• Hello good, my original ABB CF card is 256mb. I have used Acronis cloning software with two CF readers, I had to use 1GB CF cards because Acronis does not clone less than 256mb on the target card. I don't think you will have a problem if you clone to a 2GB card. Very important, the CF must be "INDUSTRIAL" type.

• Hello good, I have acquired an irb 260 irc5 m2004 with RW 5.11 for self-training. My question is since I am going to be doing a lot of programming tests, I want to make sure I have a copy of the operating system, especially the boot partition. I want to clone the original compactflash and use the clones for normal use and save the original. I have read that to clone the compactflash you have to do it through linux. Does anyone know how?

The Most using program "Acronis" . When Im used Ghost, encountered a problem.

Think before you talk, Read it before you think about it.

Fran Lebowitz.

• Can you please share how to clone it in Acronis Software.I have Acronis software and clone disk is asking us to have 2 drives

I am using 2013 version. probably the steps are the same. With this method, you can get an image as a disk. When transferring the image to a new disk, it will create 2 partitions by itself.

• Hi gents,

We have two 660 abb robot with similar application working in our factory floor.

It seems that memory card of one of the robot is corrupted.

I there any way that can format the the corrupted memory card and then using the Memory card on working tobot create an sd card with bootloder? I read in some forum that has to be done in linux. Did any one did it ?

I have the backup of the robot with defected memory card as well.

• To do this, you need a system SD card without a system that starts from the boot application screen or a working robot SD card with the same features.

Think before you talk, Read it before you think about it.

Fran Lebowitz.

• I've had issues more than once reusing corrupted memory cards. Better to use known good card and get an additional spare.

• For all the gentlemen of cloned copies of system SD.

The problem with SDs deteriorating is due to two things:

1.- 256Mb SDs are very fragile from the factory. They are affected by the voltage variations provided by the computer.

2.- You must keep the backup battery sources (SAI) in good condition.

The main cause of the deterioration is that the three-phase input voltage microcuts to the controller cause the computer to start the quick copy of the image on the SD, but at the same time, it interrupts the copy because the mains input voltage has not ceased. for more than 3-4 seconds.

I advise installing a contactor that is powered by the three-phase input network, so that a micro-cut in voltage completely turns off the controller until a contactor re-power button is pressed.

In my old factory we had to do it to avoid damage from micro-voltage cuts in the electrical network.

Greetings.

Advertising from our partners