Kuka KR C3 robot

• I have a Kuka KR C3 robot controller (KSS 5.5.16) and a KR3 arm.

Trying to get the robot running but first I had to:

- replace the motherboard in the control cabinet (capacitor change didn't fix the no-boot problem).

- replaced the two 12VDC backup batteries (old ones were split).

- replaced the backlight in the teach-pendant LCD (screen not visible)

- replaced the 3x AA batteries at the base of the robot used by the RDW board to remember encoder position

Now on power-up I get two messages I don't understand:

- Invalid motor rating PM1

- Wrong model number PM1

I transferred the data from the RDW board to the hard-drive and I verified I have the correct robot serial number in the Robot Data and still cannot jog the robot in T1 mode, with dead-man switch pressed, Motor Enable (I) switch, next to mode selector key, pressed.

The only thing I can think of now is the X11 (37-pin two row db connector) safety bypass is not wired correctly.

Does anyone here have the manuals for KR C3 controller and the KR3 robot arm?

I would like to re-install the KSS on the hard-drive using the setup program in the second partition of the hard-drive. How do I do that please?

I use this robot for learning and the robot arm is mounted on a very sturdy work-bench and some distance away from the control cabinet and teach-pendant. I have two KR C1 robots, one KR C2 and one KR C4 I use for testing and this is ny first KR C3.

Thank you

Advertising from our partners