[SOLUTION INSIDE] Ethernet RSI with OfficeLite - "Object ETHERNET1 returns error RSIBad"

• EDIT: THE ISSUE IS SOLVED! SEE THIS POST(#22). YOU CAN RUN RSI IN OFFICELITE, DESPITE WHAT KUKA SAYS.

I ran into an odd issue - when attempting to set up RSI 3.2 in OfficeLite8.3 with the Ethernet example, I keep getting Object ETHERNET1 returns error RSIBad.

I installed the demo that came with RSI 3.2, followed all the instructions except the network configuration, since there is no physical ports or KLI on the VM.

Even when running the server in the VM itself, and setting the IP address to 192.168.0.1, it simply refuses to work.

I attempted setting the network config to all three subnets(including local), all done with a fresh snapshot(so as to not cross-contaminate results). I attempted using the Router app with 192.168.0.1, 0.0, and the host IP(with a server running on the host as well) - I keep getting the same error.

I'm aware of this thread, but reading through that yielded no results either.

The program crashes at RSI_MOVECORR(), after RSI_ON(#RELATIVE) returns RSIOK. Non-ethernet examples(circle, etc) work fine.

Any clues?

Edited 5 times, last by Spirit532 ().

Non-ethernet examples(circle, etc) work fine.

host can ping... guest can ping

being "able to ping" is not enough...not by a long shot. what are the results?

or better what is the worst ping result?

see, i was able to ping some webserver but result like this would not cut it for RSI because RSI requires response within 12 ms (standard) or 4 ms (fast).

but... that should not cause this message. this would generate timeout, while this message suggests that RSI context is bad

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• or better what is the worst ping result?

I get spurious ~2ms results once in a while, the rest are all under 1ms. I'm aware of the response time issues, I have RSI working on a real KSS5.5 robot.

but... that should not cause this message. this would generate timeout, while this message suggests that RSI context is bad

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Even if I set onlysend to true, it gives me that error.

• Well, they say EKRL isn't compatible(not in that document), yet it somehow works.

Could this be a case of RSI not working with OL at all? Or even deliberately disabling itself?

Hehehe that is true 😁👍, but in the manual it doesn't say that EKRL cannot be used like it is stated for RSI, only says there is no KLI... But panic mode showed the way 😁

• It would. I would also appreciate if you could share the contents of C:\KRC\ROBOTER\Config\System\Common\VxWin and C:\KRC\ROBOTER\Config\System\Common\VxWin\knet.config from a real robot(I neither own nor have access to a KRC4 robot).

The bootline will certainly be different, and VxWin does say that you can both debug(KUKA internal) and have a dual-port NIC(Which controller? Which drivers? I only know the mobo is a D2608-A) , which means it should be possible to trick OL into eating one of the two network adapters as KLI, when passed to it by VMware.

• This in particular looks super promising:

Code: kuka.config
        "EnableSystemBusNetInit"= dword:0               ; don't use!
        "EnableKukaLineInterfaceNetInit"= dword:0       ; 1 enables section NETWORK_CONFIG_KUKA_LINE_INTERFACE
        "EnableVnetInit"=dword:1                        ; 1 enables section NETWORK_CONFIG_VNET
        "EnableBridgeInit"= dword:1                     ; 1 enables section CONFIG_BRIDGE

... and a bit below that

[NETWORK_CONFIG_KUKA_LINE_INTERFACE]

"PhysicalNetworkDevice" = "gei1:12:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:ffff0000" ; don't use

Only issue is, VxWin in OL boots after Windows, as far as I understand.

• Is that from a real robot install? They seem to be nearly identical to mine, including disabled KLI.

I've also determined that for the bootline that says ; Mainboard D2608-K - KLI is dual NIC port B the NIC is a single-port Intel 82566, and for the bootline that says ; Mainboard D3076-K - KLI is onboard NIC port A the NIC is apparently either Intel 82579LM or the Intel 82574L.

• yes it is from image from real robot... also this file is interesting...

"Bootline" = "none(0,2)pc:vxWorks f=0x400"

; no debugging enabled (default)

;"Bootline" = "gei(1,2)pc:vxWorks f=0x400 e=10.129.25.zzz:ffffff00 g=10.129.25.1"

; Mainboard D2608-K - KLI is dual NIC port B (e=<IP:Netmask> g=<Gateway>)

;"Bootline" = "gei(2,2)pc:vxWorks f=0x400 e=10.129.25.zzz:ffffff00 g=10.129.25.1"

; Mainboard D3076-K and D3236-K - KLI is onboard NIC port A

Advertising from our partners