Teach Pendant software fail

• I have encountered a problem with a teach pendant the exact same type as the teach pendant in this imageKUKA KRC4 Teach Pendant KCP4 at Rs 190000/piece | Robot Spare Parts | ID:  22580279688

I used it with a KRC4 compact controller although i never saw it connected to the robot interface as everytime the teach pendant boots up I get an error message that the 'mancom.exe' can't be found.
    from my understanding the 'mancom' is the program the initiates and handles the ethercat communication between the teach pendant and the KRC ( correct me if i am wrong )
    steps i tried to solve the problem:
    1. went to 'c:/windows' and mancom.exe is there idk if it calls other files with the same name.
    2. made sure that the problem was from the teach pendant by connecting the teach pendant from a sister controller and it connected with no issues.
    3. checked if i can copy any software files from the second teach pendant but the usb port in the teach pendant didn't read any usb storage.
    My question is as follows:

1. Is it possible to reinstall the software on the teach pendant?
    2. Did anyone face a similar problem? if so, How did you fix it?
    3. You can know almost instantly that I am new to the forum and KUKA overall, if there is anything I missed or isn't clear please let me know and i will provide it as soon as i can.
    Thanks for everyone here reading through past problems helped a lot to learn alot and even getting started.

• Dev0

Changed the title of the thread from “Teach Pendant” to “Teach Pendant software fail”.
  • A picture of a pendant tells us nothing. What are the model and version numbers? What firmware revision? What version of KSS is the KRC4 running? Did this pendant come with this robot, or did you buy them separately?

Have you confirmed that the KRC4 is operating correctly, using either a DVI monitor or another pendant? Have you tried this pendant on another KRC4?

• from the picture i can tell that is the older smartPad (version 1), and the most common version is 10m so most likely the article number is 00-168-334

so for me the bigger question is what is KSS version and and smartPad firmware version.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Quote from SkyeFire

A picture of a pendant tells us nothing.

I am sorry for the incomplete info I will put as much info as i can here please if you think there is still more info that might be missing let me know I will add it as soon as I can

from the picture i can tell that is the older smartPad (version 1), and the most common version is 10m so most likely the article number is 00-168-334

you are exactly right this is smartpad Version 1 with AN : 00-168-334

What firmware version?

the smart pad is running on Microsoft Windows CE version 6.00 September 1st 2011 build

What version of KSS is the KRC4 running?

the controller is KRC4 compact with a KSS Version 8.3.32

Did this pendant come with this robot, or did you buy them separately?

I really have no idea about this info but I will try to update it as soon as i get an accurate answer

Have you confirmed that the KRC4 is operating correctly, using either a DVI monitor or another pendant? Have you tried this pendant on another KRC4?

yes I have the controller is working perfectly fine using another pendant and everything is okay at the controller side
    I even tried the same malfunctioning pendant on another controller and the same error showed up.
    I will upload a short video of the fail starting from the shutdown state maybe this helps you see why I don't think this is a problem related to controller here is the link ( 00:00:31 - 12.1 MB )

Thank you for your help.

• Windows CE is underlaying operating system... smartPAd firmware is software that runs on top of it. here is an example for smartPad2, before and after firmware upgrade.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• if you saw the video i linked in my previous reply the problem lies in the firmware not loading because there is a problem in the mancom i tried to access the version info from the windows CE interface but every time i try to open a version file the system generates an error that system files can't be read or modified the only version I can find is the

image version : 50

bootloader version: 29

using KCP_test tool
    I can't access firmware or its files to check the version if there is another way from the windows CE to get the firmware version number let me know

• I got another number I think it is what we are looking for in the /NAND_FLASH/update_history.hst
    what it says is as follows
    app updated from 2.0.4 to 2.0.57

Image from 50 to 50
    bootloader from 28 to 29
    this update was in 2018 hope this helps

Advertising from our partners