Correction when moving the robot for welding. (With a 2D sensor (y, z))

• KRC 4-8.3.38, RSI-3.3.5.

I have a welding robot. I installed a 2D correction sensor for it. I do not have much programming experience, so I ask for help from professionals. There is very little information. Programming is reduced to the principle of specifying the starting point, direction, and length of the weld. This is not very suitable for me, since there are many difficult movements and the Sensor is installed relative to the torch at a melting distance of about 40mm. I have seen programs for welding with arc correction. Everything is there simply to indicate the start, intermediate and end points of welding. Who can share examples of programming for 2D Sensors connected with RSI. Or examples of functions ... Thank you for any information in advance.

• This is an example of code on the basis of which we will program the movement of the robot and its correction. When I program the movement along coordinates relative to my base, the robot moves along them, the rsi signal flow goes but no correction occurs. Where am I going wrong? Maybe someone has an example of programming overlay correction relative to the planned trajectory.

• did you read the manual?

SRC you shared is part of an example included with RSI documentation. but this is just one of several files. did you put RSI context files onto robot controller?

correcting on complex paths is ... complex. this is why KUKA has tech packages just for that. and the setup involves alignment of the sensor such that it is shielded from weld sparks, smoke and soot. this means reading ahead and storing measurement results in an array. as the tool eventually reaches the point where measurement was taken, sensor is already safely away. your picture show sensor line precariously close to TCP.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks for your feedback.

You mean SeamTech Finding and SeamTech Tracking?

Has anyone worked with these packages?

Can you give me an example of a program for these packages. My interest is to explore the functions for these packages ...

Advertising from our partners