KRC4 X11 Safety

• another one of PM:

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

My plan is to use Automatic External for program start $EXT_START, enable drive on $MOVE_ENABLE and interface active $I_O_ACT

I'm assuming i can select a program on the pendant and then run AUT from the pendant.

Firstly is that path possible?

Not possible. AUT mode works only from the SmartPad, and is not compatible with the AUTO_EXTERN signals ($EXT_START, etc).

If you want the robot to run without the SmartPad, your only option is to use EXT mode, and set up a Fieldbus I/O mapped to the AUTO_EXTERN signals.

• there is more than one variant of KRC4, what is the exact one that you are dealing with?

because each of them can have X11 interface though pinout is different.

download section contains X11 examples, check them out. when it comes to KUKA controllers, there are several circuits that need to be completed:

EStop

Operator safety (gate / curtain)

Ack Operator safety

Safety Stop1

Safety Stop2

External Enabling Switch

your screenshot shows messages that could be result of miswiring (or the inputs are not ok)

To use EXT mode, several things need to be done:

CELL.SRC need to be completed (KUKA provides template)

AutoExtern I/O need to be configured

ack messages (some can only be acknowledged from smartPad)

$I_O_ACT need to be active (usually always on, mapped to input 1025)

move enable need to be on (controlled from PLC or whatever)

drives must be also activated using external signals

then messages (any remaining) need to be cleared also using external signal

and then start need to be issued (also external signal)

after configuration process is to have operator manually select CELL.SRC,

clear messages, perform BCO, change mode to EXT and external signals need to take over and do the rest.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners