ABB IRC-5 robot program status to digital outputs

• Maybe this topic is already discussed here. But with my search I couldnt found out hwat I was looking for. My problem is taht I ahve been working mostly with KUKA and Fanuc robotics. Both of those have pretty similar I/O interface which I can use to show status in cell HMI. But with ABB I cannot show error status with digital output.

So in rapid side I'm using:

ErrWrite Header,Text1\RL2:= Text2;

SystemStopAction /Stop

WIth these commands I'm able to print certain message to display and stop robot movement. But is there any solution which will automatically set some digital output on?

• Yes, that execution error is more or less what Im looking for. But it signals stays on until you press start button again. Is there any outputs which will be on only that time when alarm is not reset? Or is it with ABB that basically when you press start you will also reset alarm.

• Yes there is two different type of system outputs and with those I can debug alarms. But just in case If I press EStop button from pendant. None of those goes on? I know that there is dedicates system output signal for that. But is it really so that there in no only one signal which could be used for all kind of alarm status reading?

Advertising from our partners