KUKA LBRMed stops moving

• Hello everyone,

I'm working with a KUKA LBRMed 7 R800 and some times the robot just stops to move, when we let it without moving for a while or after an application is finished. It doesn't show any error message on smartpad, as safety violation or something like that. The only way to solve it is restarting the cabinet. Any ideas what may be going on?

• reason you have questions is because you don't see the problem clearly.

so help other try to see it for you....

READ FIRST...

that means post some details, for example state OS version (it could be buggy i suppose), options and their version etc.

and what is "a while" in your case? 5 second? 5 years?

does the same happen with all programs (including KUKA samples). can you post some small sample program that can reproduce problem?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Ok, here some information:

Robot: LBRMed 7 R800

Cabinet: Sunrise Cabinet Med

Software version: KUKA Sunrise.OS Med 1.15 (1.15.2.RapiSMedV12_9)

This problem occurs without start any application. For example, today I just turn the robot on and I test with jogging if it is moving, everything looks ok. Occasionally I tested to see if the error had happened. After 1h27min I tested again and then the problem occurred. I'm posting here the protocol screen to show what's happening.

I didn't see it before but is something about the brake test, so I will use the LBRMed brake test application and analyze what's going on.

"Generic device error:
    -SunriseDevice#CyclicBrakeTest
    -Position range data ID1 not valid

SunriseDevice#CyclicBrakeTest:

-SunriseDevice#CyclicBrakeTest
    -Position range data ID1 not valid"

• i did not use brake test on iiwa but i would expect that brake test is like on any other type of robot. the idea is to periodically confirm that brakes are not worn out. if brakes are too worn, they cannot stop (moving robot) ... or hold (static robot) ... axes within predefined distance. perhaps the axis creeps out of position while not held in position by motor. perhaps the payload is too great. perhaps acceleration due to gravity is exceptionally high at your place. perhaps robot is not mounted correctly (mismatch between physical reality and configuration). such things could result in wrong limits calculation etc.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I solve it.

I run the "BrakeTestMonitorSampleApp" on LBRMed and it looks ok now. No more warnings or errors in the protocol screen.

I saw in the manual that it is recommended to run this test every time before the start of the operation of the robot. It was a piece of information that I missed. So if you don't run this test, after 1 hour the robot blocks all functions and shows a warning about the break test, as we can see with the image that I post before.

Anyway, thanks for all help!

Advertising from our partners