Manual Enabling Outputs

• Good afternoon,

I have a robot that we are working with (and as I just starting working with them and trying to absorb as much as I can in as little time as it is possible) and I have to figure out how work the outputs to see configure them to operate some valves.

I have read some manuals but i couldn't find in any of them how to Manualy operate the outputs without having to write a whole program to do so (which i would have to give some more readings).

Another thing i would like to have some help is about configuring the internal signals or even better to understand the cables that operates them.

For the old system this robot was used we had this splitbox connected to the robot's cables already but as i couldnt get it to work nor try any of its internal signals (which i just assumed they were connected to) i decided to use the external connections (which from my point of view would be easier once i could see and understand it slightly better).

See Attached the cabe and the connections i mentioned. is there anywhere, any manual that i would have a better explaination on it?

Thank you all

• Welcome to the forum.............:beerchug:

I've moved your post to the main board as it is very 'open ended'.

Outputs send a voltage to the outside world using IO Card/Fieldbus Interface.

Inputs receive a voltage from the outside world using IO Card/Fieldbus Interface.

Internals are signals internal to the controller and have no direct cables/connection to the outside world.

IO Card Intefaces:

1GW, 1HW, Extended Arm IO board mounted to Arm ID board (Arm ID is arm dependent if fitted).

Fieldbus Interfaces:

Interbus, CCLink, Devicenet, Profibus, Profinet (to name but a few).

All IO and Internal Signals are addressed at a base level via numeric format or as integer value.

For example:

Outputs 1 - 32

Inputs 1001 - 1032

Internals 2001 - 255

The image you're showing appears to be the dedicated valve/sensor harness for the Arm.

This area is normally setup in the IO Aux functions, but without knowing what Controller or Arm you are using, there are several references I could refer you to.

What Controller and Arm is it exactly, so I can provide more specific information and refer to the correct manuals?

• Hello, Kwakisaki...

in fact i was hoping you would answer to my post as per i have been reading a few things you have reponded before and from whihc i have been collecting a few idea and manuals (such as D Troubleshooting Manual).

Anyway I am using a FD050N Arm, and using a D series and I have a bunch of manuals of them but yet couldn't find exactly how to force the outputs.

• FD050 on a D Controller - Probably a D42 then...and I get the 'hint' of a 'food manufacturers system'.

So firstly:

1. FD Series do not have and Arm ID board fitted, so any EOAT signals will usually be either:

- Using the internal dedicated harness.

- Custom external harness wired back to a 1HW (IO Board).

- Possible fieldbus.

2. If it is a 'food manufacturers system', I would hazard a guess it was supplied by an Irish integrator, and they usually have KLogic installed.

3. Attached is the D Series Installation Manual, the internal cabling in your picture is referenced under FS30/45/60 in Appendix 1.0.

4. Triggering standard Outputs can be done from the signal monitoring page accessed by the teach screen (lower third of the screen, by pressing it and selecting signal monitor).

Then moving the 'box' to the required output no. and pressing A and ON, A and OFF.

• Wow, I have to admit: this was quite impressive.

You got it mostly right.

We are an Irish company that builds machinary system for food industry (mostly) and so is this new robot which will be palletizing.

we do work with Klogic (dont know how common is that but at first i assumed it was the only way to work with it)

and thank you for the Manual, that was something i really was looking for.

But for the operation of the signals, i couldnt get through it. the screen you described, i couldn't really see it.

I might be wrong but it wouldnt appear anywhere and if you dont mind i am also attaching a few other images of the TP, from the main screen to the other features of it, starting from the System Version.

Ps.: I am sorry, I didnt see before that but i am only allowed to upload 1 file at a time, so i zip them.

• Thanks for the images.....

Yes, as I thought......your name is a little bit of a hint (if I am correct, that has relevance too).

If you're new to Kawasaki, then you're on a very steep learning curve indeed.

Have you had any previous tuition on Kawasaki?

Have you had previous experience with PLC (Mitsubishi would be ideal)?

The first image (teach screen) that shows the joint monitor area (this is the lower third of the screen).

Pressing that area will produce a selection window, where you can access signal monitor.

This will then change the lower third to the IO access.

Here you can move a box around the outputs and fire them using the A and ON and A and OFF keys on the teach pendant.

However, as you have KLogic installed, I doubt you will be able to 'fire' some outputs as they will have been addressed differently because of KLogic.

So I think you will need to look over that manual too.

- Specifically section 2.3 on 2-7.

With KLogic, addressing is changed from standard Kawasaki IO addressing.

So, it's difficult to advise further without knowing what you're setup is.

- Are you using KLogic or not.

- Are you using standard IO.

- Are you using fieldbus.

What specifically is 'your overall goal'?

• Well, actually I the name i am using is my actual first name (but I am Brazilian) and the Second is my company's name. but you were right anyway.

about my knowledge, I have worked a few years with some other equipments, mostly Allen Bradley and also Comau Robots, my company hired me for these attributes i have. But as I had some changes in life I was away of my field for more than 2 years which didnt do me any good for this matter.

i was recently hired by them a year ago to and get familiar I have read a few manuals they had and took some time to play, i managed to understand a bit of its programming procedure but again i had to be away for another 7 months (waiting on my visa to be issued), came back a few months ago and now we have this project which i just started working at.

So overall i do have some understandings but i dont really feel that closer nor confident with Kawasaki just yet, although I do believe i am a good learner and could learn reading some stuff as long as i find the right ones.

And thank you, i forgot that i could touch the screen for getting more menus, and doing that i found the screen you told me about, i even could force these outputs but i have no cables conneced to the comms of CN2 which i will be doing tomorrow first thing in the morning to see how it works out.

thank you for now, and if something else come up in mind i will let you know.

In addition, if you do have anything, any manual that could be usefull for me to get going with my trainings i would be very grateful.

• Super, great that you have some background knowledge already, that really helps with Kawasaki.

Yes, regarding your outputs.

When KLogic is installed (you will see in the KLogic Manual Section 2.3 (2-7), what is labelled up as 1GW board IO is referred to as local io.

So 1GW or 1HW board contains 32 Outputs (CN2) and 32 Inputs (CN4).

- However, you also have the dedicated signals in the Arm (reference your very first picture).

- Please cross reference these with the installation manual I posted and also the reference to the jumpers in the manual for the 1GW/1HW board too.

- These signals are inclusive of your 'local io'.

- So by turning on Y0200 to Y02FF in KLogic you will not only turn on CN2 outputs, but also the dedicated arm signals too - if the jumpers are correct on the 1GW/1HW board.

• Good morning Kwakisaki,

I couldn't work it yesterday but today i checked all the connections after studying the manual you sent which now brought me a new problem: after powering the board according to the pin assignment contained in the manual you sent, the board seems to keep the outputs on at all times, my first thought was that the board is not in good condition, or could it be some configuration/function it has?

Mind you I am only interested in the output.

• Can you expand what you said with more detail?

1. What board are you referring to - Can you include part no. of 50999 - xxxxx

2. What jumpers are set on board.

3. How are connections made - Can you provide picture.

4. Are you using external LV power supply to power IO.

5. What is telling you the outputs are on all the time - Monitor screen, or measured voltage.

• Hello Kwakisaki,

I am sorry for not replying before, I had to work in another project to keep things going for a while, but now i think I am back to the Kawasaki one for a few more days.

So, answering your questions:

1 - 50999-2146R112

2 - I will be sending photos of the Board

3 - i just connected the cables from CN2 and CN4 to some terminals which will be connected to the devices to be active and the ones which will give the input signals.

4 - Yes, I followed the instructions from one of the Manuals you sent connecting the LVv to the right terminals (+24 and 0).

5 - I checked it with a multimeter and tried to change the output signal throught TP but the output voltage wouldnt change, t was completely stationary.

• AS does not directly address 1HW IO when KLOGIC option is enabled.

(as per section 2.3 in the KLOGIC Manual).

So just by turning on/off signals using AS program instructions or via the Teach Pendant Signal Monitor will not work.

With KLOGIC option enabled (as per your current setup).

AS output signals (1 - Total outputs) are mapped to KLOGIC Inputs (X0000 - X01FF)

AS input signals (1001 - Total inputs) are mapped to KLOGIC outputs (Y0000 - Y01FF).

KLOGIC Outputs (Y0200 - Y02FF) are mapped to 1HW CN2 Outputs.

KLOGIC Inputs (X0200 - X02FF) are mapped to 1HW CN4 Inputs.

So in order for you to send/receive IO using the 1HW board, you would need to create a KLOGIC routine to handle the AS requests by creating and executing an LSPQ program.

Without this created and running, the AS instructions will never reach the IO Board.

If you completely disable KLOGIC option (which may not be an option for your application), then this will allow direct IO address access to the IO on the 1HW board.

• I see, that explain then why I am not having any answer when trying it.

Would you by any chance have manuals for KLOGIC and/or AS language which could help me creating these routines and the LSPQ (where is it created?) for me to prepare and try to get these things done?

Another question is: Do you think it would be easier to try and use the internal Inputs and Outputs or would i have to go throught it all either way?

thank you very much for your help!!

• I attached the KLOGIC manual in an earlier post and your company have been using this for years, so I am pretty sure they should already have some existing knowledge.

As I said, you are on a steep learning curve....check back in this afternoon, I'll post a quick video using KROSET of how to use KLOGIC in a simple basic way...

• Yes you are right, sorry, I didn't see it there but just downloaded it.

I also went and checked the program and it is blank and the message is that there is no Klogic program running.

And about my company there is a small problem though: we are a small company which has only me as electrician/automation professional (although they still use the services of the former employee which i am replacing while i get some more experience), and on for each or even 2 responnsabilities.

Anyway, what i meant to say is that I will be the one who will have to learn and decide what is best, my manager doesnt really care about the means as long as the results are achieved as he want. So for now I am just looking for the best way for me to get things done.

And thank you, I will have a look in the afternoon when you have it done...

meanwhile i will study these manuals and see if is there anything i can do on my own.

• Yes, that was the video I was going to post and explain things a little more.

Like I said, you have a steep learning curve ahead, coupled with a non standard system, that you're not 100% sure is operational and without applying some changes (ie disabling KLOGIC) and returning it to a standard system need to carry out some tests which means using KLOGIC in situ etc.

I have just replied to you in conversation if you're interested or not.

• From now on i think would be best if you helped me with the conversation, as i believe i will be sharing a bit more specific things with maybe information of my company and its clients, as soon as we get some results i can come back here and post the steps that lead to the solution in order to help future users.

what do you think?

• As promised:

After a few testings Kwakisaki helped me finding a solution for my problem.

I will try to expose as detailed as I can for future references:

He expplained me that the interface between AS Program and external IO boards (1HW/1GW) is done with the software Kladder (or Klogic) operating like this:

BOARD INPUT ---> [ KLADDER INPUT > KLADDER OUTPUT ] --->

{ [AS INPUT >(PROCESS)> AS OUTPUT ] } --->

[KLADDER INPUT > KLADDER OUTPUT ] ---> BOARD OUTPUT

Also was taught me that Kladder has already mapped its inputs and outputs in accordance to the boards and AS IO's which can be associated by Klogic manual attached, section 2.3

But only if you are using KLOGIC PLC option.

Standard Kawasaki without KLOGIC option enabled, has direct access to 1GW/1HW/1TW access.

• After understanding having told me about this he also helped me to save my current LSQ file through KCwin with the comand SAVE/P *name* = lsqpg (which will save the current LSQ file as *name*)

after that he sent me these 2 files to test the comunication among Board, Kladder and AS, K2ASIn for testing board inputs all the way to the AS and K2ASOut for the board's outputs and the AS. (both in the attached file).

Please note in the attached file:

K2ASin:

- reads input pins 5,6,7,8 on 1HW CN4 (inputs)

- outputs them to the AS of the Controller as Inputs 5,6,7,8

K2SA out:

- reads AS of the Controller Outputs 5,6,7,8

- outputs them to pins 5,6,7,8 on 1HW CN2 (outputs)

After all, I could match the systems and could build a Kladder program based on the instructions given by Kwakisaki which i tested afterwards bringing the results i was looking for.

I would like to thank him for all help, time and patience he had while helping me out on this problem.

Advertising from our partners