One of our system have two camera side by side detecting left side camera to left side of conveyor and right side camera to right side of conveyor.
We faced the communication failure to left side of vision. See attached the fault_01 and fault_02 images.
The KUKA technician's recommendation is to replace the cable first then the camera since the camera price is a bit higher.
We had new cables connecting between the camera and PoE switch, we replaced but no luck. Same errors occurs.
So I found same camera at some source for less price but new and now I'm ready to replace.
Since it is my first time doing this, I'm somewhat scared(?) to install by myself.
Step should be following; (Please add comments or suggestion if I'm wrong)
- Power off the system
- Remove the cable going to PoE switch
- Replace the camera and its lens and its cover
- Re-install the cable going to PoE switch
- Turn the power on
- Go to Vision tech and refresh the camera to look for new one just installed
- setup the camera setting same as before and same IP addresses.
Question that maybe, all VPP programming files were stored at controller, I shouldn't worry about it, correct?
Any comments or suggestions will be DEEPLY appreciated.