Restart from top of program

• skiingpass

Please 'heed' on what HawkME and Fabian Munoz are advising.

The robot is always incognisant with it's surroundings.

So just restarting after a stoppage when you want to 'jump' to different programs/steps, you ALWAYS need to consider where the robot currently is and ask yourself this question:

1. Where is the robot going to go when it starts.

If you cannot answer that question, you should ALWAYS ensure the robot is positioned relative to the first positional move of the program/step you are wanting to jump to, to ensure safe continuance by either manual recovery or auto recovery, positional check/trapping methods.

Attached is a classic example of the robot being in the incorrect position for the selected program/selected step to start from.

• At 0:00:51 the robot hits the "protective guarding" and hits the outside panel.

I can't tell you how many times "engineers" has come to me and asked if the distance robot-guarding was ok and after hearing my answer they will basically ignore me because obviously I was telling them that the guarding should be further away from the most further point measured with the tooling on . That would required much more real state . $$$$

I'm glad technology brings us robot where you can program safe zones

Retired but still helping

• Absolutely agree.

People often ask a question and if they don't hear what they want to hear, ignore you, especially if you highlight an $$$$ mistake.

An integrator I worked for, had the philosophy of:

It is isn't programmed to move there, so if it does, it is the customers fault and responsibility, not ours.

I handed in my notice very shortly afterwards.........:away:

I'm glad technology brings us robot where you can program safe zones

For sure...............I just wish more and more newcomers to the industry would adopt these features.

Just because a robot is not moving there in the program, doesn't mean it won't and it is usually human interference that results in these outcomes.

• Safe zones are another thing I need to learn about. I haven't been involved in that part of setting up a robot yet, so I haven't learned how to do it. But I have a feeling that the main programmer in my factory probably hasn't done it right. He's more of a PLC guy than a robot guy, and never went out of his way to learn any more than he thought was necessary.

He's more of a PLC guy than a robot guy, and never went out of his way to learn any more than he thought was necessary.

Don't worry, you are not alone. I have one of those cases in my company.

Please, open a new post if you have question about zones

Retired but still helping

Advertising from our partners